- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) is a private, nonprofit organization that supports research on all aspects of Egyptian history and culture, fosters a broader knowledge about Egypt among the general public and strengthens American-Egyptian cultural ties. ARCE seeks a Grants Administrator for managing the grants process for research and projects that will be funded by the Antiquities Endowment Fund (AEF). ARCE welcomes interest from qualified individuals to provide services as further described in this Employment Opportunity Announcement.
This announcement in no way obligates ARCE to consider or select an applicant, nor does this commit ARCE to pay any costs incurred by individuals for the preparation or submission of applications.
- Oversees the preparation of compiling grant applications, extensions and promotion of activities for grants funded through the Antiquities Endowment Fund (AEF) which supports the conservation, preservation and documentation needs of Egyptian antiquities.
- Compiles and submits budget plans for AEF funds and monitors local expenses.
- Ensures compliance of AEF grants management policies and procedures. an annual budget, monitors expenses and follows applicable grants management policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries on AEF applications, awarding and closeout.
- Provides the AEF Committee with application and reporting information.
- Maintains all records pertaining to AEF project and funding expenditures, advises grantees and fellows on reporting requirement, compliance, payments, grant extensions and terminations.
- Also manages all Cairo-based ARCE memberships, including distribution of membership letters, Member ID cards, literature and general membership information.
- Reporting Relationship: Reports to the ARCE Executive Director.
- Supervision Exercised: None.
- Physical Demands: None.
- Eligibility for Consideration: Candidates must be legally eligible to live and work in Egypt. Documentation of eligibility may be required as part of the application process.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Minimum Qualifications REQUIRED for this position:
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (B.S, B.A. or equivalent) in any of the following academic areas: Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or a similar field.
- Prior Work Experience: At least 3 years prior professional experience in the field of proposal writing, grants management, grants administration, contracts management, financial management, internal auditing, budget management or a closely related field. A strong interest in Egyptian history or Cultural Heritage Preservation is a plus. Volunteer, fellowship and internship experience will be creditable.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Effective communication skills (verbal and written) are essential. The ability to effectively use standard MS-Office products is required, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher and web tools.
- Open to: Egyptian nationals and legal permanent residents of Egypt with a valid work permit.
- Issue Date: 06/03/2019
- Closing Date: 06/21/2019
- Job Title: “AEF GRANTS AND EGYPTIAN MEMBERSHIP ADMINISTRATOR”
- Proposed Compensation: Pay Band will be determined at the time of selection and will be based on the candidate’s prior experience and salary history.
- Place of Performance: Cairo (Garden City), Egypt.
- Length of Engagement: One year, with renewal options. The first year is subject to the satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Full-time; 40 hours per week (8 hours per day).