- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
We are looking for a senior software quality control engineer to join our team with a view to a long-term commitment to the company.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of software test plans based upon the system & software specifications to ensure the quality of our Mass Notification System which encompass desktop, web & mobile applications as well as electronic devices.
The candidate will be responsible for developing test automation and automation frameworks, as well as participating on analyzing and implementing process improvements initiatives.
Candidate responsibilities will include the usual aspects of QC Engineer role including:
- Participation in all phases of the software development life-cycle: requirements analysis, documentation, design, implementation, product builds, testing, and field support.
- Develop product performance and quality specifications.
- Review system and software specifications to ensure that the stated requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Build and maintain an automated test platform used to verify and validate the proper implementation of software specifications.
- Create test data required for testing.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Specify the required test beds (hardware, software, and network).
- Execute test plans and create test reports per plan & schedule.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support, performing initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, or logs to determine breakdown source.
- Improve the testing process.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools, test strategies, and the business domain.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
Acoustic Technology, Inc. (ATI Systems) designs, manufactures and installs reliable emergency warning and notification systems for the Campus, Community, Industrial and Military markets. Incorporated in Massachusetts in 1981 as an acoustical consulting firm, ATI Systems...
See all Careers and Jobs at ATI Systems