- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
8,000 to 10,000 EGP per month
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Reports to: Internal Processes and Systems (IPS) Manager
- Forcier is seeking a talented Software Developer to contribute to internal software development projects and implement new software-based technology systems throughout the company.
- As part of a creative and solutions-oriented team, the Software Developer will work on tasks at all stages of software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching.
- Write clean, well-designed code.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong
- optimization and functionality.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
The Software Developer will be expected to:
- Implement new software programs.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with the IPS Manager.
- Design and update software database.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Execute any additional tasks requested by the Internal Processes and Systems Manager.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications, as necessary.
- Specifically, the Software Developer will contribute to the development of Forcier's internal enterprise resource planning tool/information management system called "OFIS" (the OneFirm Integrated System).
- The OneFirm Integrated System (OFIS) is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool that has been developed internally to replace spreadsheet-based trackers which had previously been used across the company in departments such as Human Resources, Business Development, and Contract Management. It addresses the disadvantages of using spreadsheets for long-term storage and processing of company data for scalable applications.
- OFIS is a modular suite of applications that have been built using G Suite tools (Google App Maker) within the Google Cloud Platform and using Google Cloud SQL for data management and storage. It is modular because the applications that have been developed are separate packages developed in App Maker. The suite shares a single database where multiple tables are stored. Google Cloud Platform is used to publish the applications and to interact with the database.
More than 2 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research and monitoring & evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third-party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments,...
See all Careers and Jobs at Forcier Consulting