- Experience Needed:
- 6 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Arabic, English, French
About the Job
As a Project Lead Engineer, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation Division and Process Industries Business Unit based in Cairo, Egypt. Ensure that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Engineering development: As a technical lead for all Engineering disciplines - evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform task or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with few complex features. Executes assignments using established solutions.
- Authorization: Acting as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Construction support: Collaborating on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors. Providing technical support to commissioning and start-up activities.
- Sales support: Assisting in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates. Assisting in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal.
- Contract management: Supporting Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.).
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
- Risk and opportunity management: Evaluating risks and opportunities, strategizes mitigation of one’s engineering projects or programs. Supporting the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions. Identifying opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Customer: Interacting with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attending project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments.
- Supply chain management: Overseeing the creation of subcontracts and manages subcontractors jointly with other involved functions, including supply chain management.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Collaborating and networks with engineering colleagues within ABB. Sharing best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Utilizing standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- People leadership and development: Leading, supervising and coordinating teams in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on low complexity projects. Leading single or multi-discipline engineering teams of less than 5 resources.
6 to 10 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors Engineering Services
As the ideal candidate, you should have a BSc or MSc in Electrical power or communication with 6-10 years of experience. Fluency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required. French is an advantage.
About this Company
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning...
See all Careers and Jobs at ABB