- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
About Nexford University
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors support learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.
For more information, visit www.nexford.org.
- The Media and Design Specialist is responsible for creating designs for the Nexford University academic team, including course- and program-specific design needs.
- The academic designs will have a high visual impact, implementing Nexford’s brand guidelines in a way that engages learners, enriches the learner experience, and promotes Nexford’s unique approach to higher education.
- The Media and Design Specialist infuses Nexford’s creative style to support a seamless UX/UI in NXU’s learning platforms, and creates and/or commissions first class designs, images, animation and more based on identified needs in learning design.
- The designs will be primarily learner facing and will be instrumental in our overarching course design and programmatic appeal.
- Support academic and cross-functional teams to create a range of digital content
- Create compelling, responsive content, including graphics, animation, and other creative requests, to bring to life our courses and programs, engage our learners, and promote the company’s branding policy and guidelines
- Assess UX/UI needs and compare to capabilities of learning platforms to make recommendations for continuous improvement in user experience – adapt creative requests to meet the potential of our technology tools, brand guidelines, and academic model
- Proactively and consistently improve the user experience through design
- Be a brand champion, helping to maintain brand identity, creating a visually engaging brand experience
- Monitor new techniques/technology, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite, and other relevant design and course authoring software, and ensure outputs are up to date
- Effectively utilize various collaborative tools such as Slack, Skype, Zoom, Confluence, Jira, WhatsApp and other related tools
- Help establish and follow workflow plans, working efficiently to bring content to life
- Collaborate and advise on learning design and academic creative requests to achieve excellent design results
- Contribute ideas and design insights into the mockups and final designs, and present ideas and concepts to learning design and academic teams for final review
- Design and develop materials from concept to production/publishing
- Any other task/duty as directed by learning design, academic teams, or NXU at large
- Role will report into Course Production and will collaborate strongly with Learning Designers, Marketing Designers, and other teams.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Animation Computer Software E-Learning
The role requires:
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative flair.
- Finesse in designs,
- Attention to detail,
- High learnability,
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry software,
- Professional approach to meeting deadlines under pressure.
- It also requires the ability to collaborate with a globally dispersed team to achieve results in a solutions-oriented culture.
- Able to leverage creativity and innovative ideas to turn concepts into a reality
- Positive attitude, high energy, proactive, hardworking, and goal oriented
- Able to work well in a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player receptive to new ideas, and can easily adapt to change
- Flexible and accommodating and able to go above and beyond the basic expectations when required
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Art, Design, Creative, Multimedia, Advertising/Media, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or equivalent
- Formal training in the use of the complete Adobe Creative Suite, required - experience designing creative content for education a plus
- Experience in the use of various collaborative tools such as Slack, Skype, Zoom, Confluence, Jira, WhatsApp and other related tools, required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in working on digital design campaigns, and industry-standard digital/print design experience, required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) and Acrobat, and all Microsoft Office softwares, required – experience in course authoring software (Captivate, Storyline, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS coding, preferred
- Previous experience in fine-tuning and enriching brand guidelines, preferred
- Familiarity with animation required, knowledge in some or all of the following preferred: Adobe Edge, Google Web Designer, and Google DoubleClick
- Excellent layout and typographical skills and attention to detail, required
- Understanding of digital media trends and digital media technologies, required
- Strong Organizational Skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent comprehension skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Work at a company with a social mission where you can make a real difference in the world
- A market-competitive compensation paid in USD
- 21 days paid vacation
- A friendly team in the US, UK, Nigeria, Egypt, Belarus and the Philippines
- Office in Zamalek
- Contemporary collaboration tools
- An entrepreneurial and highly stimulating environment
- An environment where you will be technically and intellectually challenged.
About this Company
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of...
See all Careers and Jobs at Nexford University