- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Under the direction of the Regional Safety Manager and Project Management team, the Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for providing support to the project management team, supervisors, foremen and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the assigned project.
The Safety Officer reports to the Regional Safety Manager and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field. ! Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community. ! Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors. ! Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed. ! Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services Recreational Facilities and Services
About this Company
EFS Facilities Services is a regional leader in delivering integrated facilities management services across the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Turkey. EFS has been accredited for over 16 years in providing quality services to some of the biggest regional names including...
See all Careers and Jobs at EFS