- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, More salary can be offered for highly skilled candidates
About the Job
- The main purpose of this role is to lead a team of Software Engineers delivering business-critical projects whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by management.
Technical Lead Aspects of the Role:
- Oversee the technologies, tools, and techniques used within the team
- Work closely with the business and Engineers on issues related to design and requirements
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software. Ensure that all Engineers within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Ensure that all software developed within your team satisfies the business requirements as specified.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers in the creation of high-quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Implement team goals and objectives.
- Supervise, train and guide team members.
- Inspire and motivate team members.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviors into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Work with the wider team to support further initiatives including Recruitment of new employees into yours and other teams within Ocado Technology.
- Should be able to intervene and find coding or design solutions if needed to help the team.
- Familiarity with Team foundation server (TFS), Build, Release Management, and automated builds.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least