- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Maintenance Engineer Track Work / 3rd Rail is responsible for the team leadership within the maintenance section for the overall maintenance of Depot and Mainline Track (Track Maintenance / 3rdRail Maintenance.
Reporting to the Section Manager the Position holder will Manage and supervise the shift leaders, engineers, technician and workers, who are employed within the maintenance section as well as any temporary personnel within this section.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsibility for the technically correct condition and the timely availability of all components, which form part of the maintenance section
- Planning and overall scheduling of routine Track Maintenance for day and night shifts.
- Ensuring the correct resources are available for the scheduled work
- Ensure maintenance and repair activities of track components are carried out to the work order schedule in CMMS and in accordance with maintenance manuals
- Responding to unplanned or emergency repair works
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining adequate stock levels for spare parts and tool availability and calibration
- Deliver in-house training courses for subordinates with regards to trackwork, tools, equipment and machinery
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures and maintenance manuals.
- Co-ordinate work with other maintenance disciplines e.g. Signaling, Rail Electrification
- Reviews and participates in the recruitment process for staff within their section
- Deputise for section manager in their absence
- Networking between the various maintenance and operation departments to manage scheduled maintenance tasks
- Conducting internal meetings within the maintenance section and Co-ordination of the interfaces between the others maintenance section
- Responsibility for appropriate actions in the event of incidents within the maintenance section
- Optimization of maintenance tasks as result of ongoing analysis
- Checking of inspection results and deciding on appropriate actions
- Analyzing of the maintenance history for the related equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the reporting system to ensure the availability of sufficient and suitable spare parts for his area of supervision
- Responsible for availability of suitable manpower, adequate tools and materials in events of incidents
- Responsibility for the budget of materials, spare parts and personnel used by his services
- Responsible for safety of work for his subordinates and used equipment /tools
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Electronics Manufacturing
About this Company
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company.
See all Careers and Jobs at SIEMENS