- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Contract and Claim Manager will be in charge supporting and consulting the process parties , particularly Project Management, ) with a focus on the execution phase of process control system projects and supporting contractual conflicts in terms of contractual interests with the target of bringing or exceeding the planned and calculated project success. This includes supporting the Management board to achieve the business targets; supporting the execution team advisory functions concerning contract issues within Mobility (e.g. also using CM Training).
What are my responsibilities?
- Preparation/participation and support of project teams in customer negotiations to represent the contractual and legal interests of Siemens including active Claim and Variation Management
- Active support to work with the project manager on the contract and claim strategy
- Contract analysis in terms of claim potential and possible supplementary orders in the phases: Acquisition, Project Kick Off and Execution
- Supporting Project Managers regarding evaluation of contract discrepancies and sourcing appropriate measures
- Supporting Project Managers regarding supplementary business opportunities in terms of active Change Order Management
- Successfully negotiating requests for more (funding, time) as well as defense against claims (customer, suppliers)
- Preparing contractual aspects for further tracking/supporting by Legal Department
- Estimating and evaluating special influences to the projects as early as possible
- Risk identifying and analysis, coordination suitable countermeasures together with the project manager to minimize the risk and thereby reducing costs/NCCs and/or customers dissatisfaction
- Identification and development of opportunities: supporting the project managers to implement opportunities in supplementary orders and Project improvements,
- Continuous monitoring of Risks and Opportunities related to contractual issues
- Support/advice the Management board in terms of activity options particularly in crisis situation/escalation and project status meetings
- Professional support in contractual conflicts if applicable up to and including arbitration
- Developing and training of contract management relevant issues for regional Project Managers/ Project Commercials /Purchaser/Project Leaders with a focus on Energy/ Transmission Specifications.
- Manage Training/informative meetings to legal special topics (e.g. effects of new laws)
- Supporting the contractual aspects in line with the PM080/PM100 and contract workshops.
- Supporting Siemens-internal regulations
- Analysis and Annotation of diverse international contracts, Consortium contracts, agreements of confidentiality as well as discussions with the sales department
- Participation in LoA meetings with the Management board (if required)
- Customer and Consortium negotiations domestically and abroad
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Electronics Manufacturing
About this Company
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company.
See all Careers and Jobs at SIEMENS