- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
Confidential, Consultancy Contract
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
The last day for receiving CV is May 28, 2019
Disregarding the screening questions will disqualify the candidate
The incumbent will carry out the following functional areas:
- Professional Arabic/English translator with proven experience in medical, health and FP translations.
- Translate given material including official correspondences, training materials, research papers, reports and presentations with Health/ Technical Medical/ Family Planning-specific terminology.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and CAT tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy in both Arabic and English Languages.
- Follow up with internal team members to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
More than 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Healthcare and Medical Services Translation and Localization
- A minimum of five years of proven work experience as a bilingual (Arabic/English/Arabic) translator in medical/ health sectors
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role with USAID, Ministry of Health, Health / Family Planning Projects...etc
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Time-management skills
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- BSc in Translation, Interpreting or similar field
- Translation certification is a must.
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus.
- Work experience in a directly related field is a must.
- Good interpersonal and flexibility skills and ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
- High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified mindsets and tense situations.
- Communicative and dynamic/skilled in obtaining information from staff and/or external partners and potential ones as necessary to accomplish duties.