- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As part of the Global Service Parts Operations (GSPO) organization, the North & East Africa SPO Logistics Leader is responsible for leading the wing-to-wing Supply and Logistics operations of Service Parts for N&EA sub-region and orchestrating strategic initiatives to drive Service Level improvement and Cost and Cash productivity. He/She will be responsible for activities like inventory optimization, order fulfillment, warehousing, customs operations, and reverse logistics execution.
- Drive Parts delivery cycle time reduction initiatives from order to customer delivery in line with customer expectations (Customer On-Time Delivery).
- Accountable for local warehousing 3PL performance, including cost control & optimization, operational excellence, and supporting new system initiatives.
- Improve data visibility and tracking capabilities across the supply chain.
- Overlook local customs operations and ensure compliance to local regulations.
- Responsible for new warehousing programs deployment (Standard, Free Trade Zone, Bonded warehouse, PUDO, …), and network optimization.
- Design and govern reverse logistics supply chain in line with local regulations.
- Collaborate with Systems team on new initiatives (ERP, WMS, TMS, …).
- Maintain Quality and Regulatory procedures for local Logistics operations.
- Support implementation of customer segmentation requirements for new service offerings. And performance metrics.
- Lead N&E Africa Cost Productivity program in collaboration with EMEA GSPO Productivity leader, the regional operations and the local Service teams.
- Champion and apply Lean Supply Chain projects and activities in Africa.
- Operationally lead the local logistics teams in N&E Africa; setting direction and enabling the continuous learning and development of the team members.
- He/She will also drive Cost Productivity programs; working in close connection with central GSPO and Service teams.
- He/She will also be supporting the region’s growth by setting up Logistics structure in new countries GE Healthcare is willing to grow in.
- He/She will own the parts delivery lead time and drive continuous improvements to the customs operations and logistics processes to increase supply chain responsiveness.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report, and resolve any trade compliance issues.
4 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors
About this Company
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
See all Careers and Jobs at General Electric