Summary of Assigned Duties:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Arrange and maintain General Managers’ calendar of appointments, internal/external meetings including with high-ranking officials, receive visitors, place and receive telephone calls and answer queries, provide informal translation and take notes during meetings, as required.
- Receive, screen and route correspondence; undertake searches for information and provide background, as required; compile briefing materials needed by the General Manager for use on official trips or special meetings, select and make pertinent reports, as needed.
- Maintain contacts with different external partners and clients as well as officials in government institutions and diplomatic missions as needed; keep close contacts with clients; arrange and coordinate meetings as appropriate, maintain follow up system as needed.
- Draft routine correspondence, type documents and reports, some of which are confidential, prepare tables, graphs and power point presentations, review correspondence/ document for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements and finally maintain a good filing system (both paper and electronic).
- Organize the travel of the General Manager and any other staff members (s), as needed. This includes raising travel requests, requesting itineraries, obtaining visas, arranging hotel bookings, requesting security clearance, etc., and following up/keeping records on the submission of the duty travel reports.
- Review all event order requirements, ensure adherence to signed contracts with related terms and conditions, follow up with concerned parties, customs clearance, receipt of deliverables (regardless of the type), installation and finalization of payments
- Oversee the management of the invoicing system; proper implementation of financial procedures and internal controls according to General Manager’s instructions, verify calculations, supporting invoices and payment authorizations, extract, compile and review a wide variety of regular and adhoc financial and other project management reports
- Act as focal point for HR issues; coordinate establishment of new positions, initiate staffing actions for all staff (appointments, extensions, separations, etc) and non-staff contracts (including issuance and renewal of service contracts); draft post descriptions, screen applications and recommend short list of potential candidates; arrange for interview panels, act as leave Administrator and monitor staff leave.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all office equipment, report on assets inventory, and attend to the repair and maintenance of vehicles, if and when needed.
- Ability to take minutes, filter action items, create deadlines and follow-up on their execution and implementation with minimum guidance and/or supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure during events, work on weekends and for late hours. Travel maybe required, due to nature of events
- Any other duties, as needed.