Skills And Tools:
- The Finance Manager is responsible for managing Project finances, including the payroll and all accounting functions. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing financial and accounting systems that support programmatic objectives and that are in compliance with the organization policies. S/he will ensure compliance with contractual terms and references of the program and applicable rules and regulations. S/he will have substantial involvement with Cairo and governorate-based operations to ensure fiscal policies are in place and field operations comply with the Organization, the Client, and Government of Egypt regulations. This is a local hire position; selected candidate must be resident and legally eligible to work in Egypt.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the Project meets all contractual requirements and ensure compliance with Client’s policies and regulations.
- Manage accounting and financial records and systems using the Organization approved accounting software and spreadsheets for tracking and monitoring the in-country Project’s financial activities.
- Provide support to Project Administration and Finance Director for financial oversight, including maintaining and monitoring of the Project field budget.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of Project expenses.
- Monitor the availability of funds in Egypt’s bank accounts, submit periodic wire transfer requests to Organization, track the transfer of funds and send notification to Organization Headquarters (HQ) when wires are received.
- Work with Organization’s HQ Finance Department to ensure the timely transfer of funds.
- Approve checks and wire transfer requests and in-field payments to vendors and other payees and check their compliance with contract requirements and Organization’s accounting and procurements policies and procedures.
- Review the month end field accounting records and ensure they are complete and correct.
- Oversee the Project financial filing system and files maintained by the finance staff.
- Ensure timely submission of financial records and files to HQ.
- Provide on-the-job training on financial management and systems to the finance staff.
- Ensure that all Project’s cash, office equipment, furniture, vehicles are sufficiently covered by insurance policies against all threats in accordance with both Client’s and Organization’s policies. Make sure they are renewed on their due dates.
- Supervise Project Accounting Manager, Sr. Accountant, Payroll Officer, Sr. Finance Assistant/Expeditor.
- Prepare custom clearance documents thru proper authorities and clearing agencies, follow up shipments until received and recorded in the inventory.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Director to ensure availability of funds for procurement requests.
- Work with the Procurement Office to establish payment schedules for vendors.
- Responsible for setting up, furnishing and equipping Project offices in Cairo and in governorates as assigned and ensuring compliance with applicable local requirements and Client’s guidance in this regard.
- Responsible for preparing and finalizing lease agreements as assigned for Project offices with approval from Organization.
- Participate as needed in the development and implementation of safety and security related activities, tools, templates, reports, such as the emergency tree, security plans, etc.
- Oversee finance team support for project office equipment procurement and inventory protocols.
- Oversee the Project’s Egyptian customs affairs and records and maintain good relationships.
- Facilitate and ensure expatriate work permits and visas are obtained and kept up to date.
- Facilitate and ensure expatriate personal shipments, lease agreements.
- Coordinate with GOE’s VAT authorities for miscellaneous transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the Project.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of experience with international companies, donors, or NGOs. Experience on USAID-funded projects is a plus.
- Experience in leading annual work planning and budgeting across the project.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
- Experience successfully managing sizable staff.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as business principles and practices.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Excellent capacity with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficient in English (reading, writing, speaking) and fluent in Arabic.
- Finance DirectorConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt8 days ago
- Financial ManagerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt6 days ago
- Financial Manager/Paints (10th...Confidential Company - 10th of Ramadan City, Sharqia7 days ago
- CFO Chief Financial OfficerConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo6 days ago
- Financial Manager-ConstructionConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo7 days ago