- Experience Needed:
- More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Accommodation Allowance, Home Office Allowance, Social/Medical Insurance, Sponsored Courses, Sponsored Electronic Upgrades, Annual Bonuses
About the Job
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Backend Developer to join a team that is dedicated to develop a world class Event Planning software that is currently running events in both MENA and Europe.
In this position, you will collaborate with a team that includes developers, designers, project managers, and others.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with modern web technologies, writing elegant and efficient code, and staying up to date with best practices.
- Contactless is a part of a start-up group that focuses on Technology R&D, it is a fast-growing startup which was established in 2015, and today has presence in Egypt, Estonia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates.
- Contactless biggest focus is building a web application that helps event planners to plan and work better by digitizing their work and offering them real time updates on their events. (Fact: Event Planning is the 5th most stressful profession in the world)
- The company believe that the technologies available today can easily allow us to work from anywhere if we utilize it properly to our favor, some people can make use of that freedom and some just seek traditional 9 to 5 office jobs, we are looking only for the ones who are passionate and respectful of our model. Today our team works from France, Ukraine, Qatar, Egypt, UAE and Estonia and we manage to do that as if we are working on the same table.
- Among several awards in our startup group, in July 2018, Contactless was awarded finalists at the World Tourism Forum that took place in Langkawi, Malaysia as one of the most innovative 3 companies globally in the Hospitality sector. Contactless is also the trusted registration partner of various prestigious events globally such as GEN Europe Conference, Doha Jewellery & Watches Exhibition, Heya Arabian Fashion Exhibition, Qatar Motor Show any many others.
- We look forward to have you and other like-minded geniuses in our team.
Expected Day To Day Responsibilities:
- Analyze, develop, test and deliver features
- Providing maintenance on application
- Writing documentation
- Use collaboration tools such as: Slack, Trello, Jira, Confluence, etc,
- Communicate with team members via video conferencing tools.
- Introduce new ideas to the team
- Reporting to Back End Lead
More than 8 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Information Technology Services
- 8+ Years overall experience in Backend Development (Priority 10 Points)
- 6+ Years of experience in PHP including PHP7+ (Priority 10 Points)
- Familiar with Software Development Lifecycle (Priority 5 Points)
- Familiar with Git (Priority 5 Points)
- Familiar with Docker (Priority 5 Points)
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and webservices (Priority 10 Points)
- Familiar knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB and aggregations (Priority 10 Points)
- Good knowledge of Symfony 4 and micro frameworks such as: Slim (Priority 10 Points)
- Good knowledge of Doctrine ORM and ODM (Priority 10 Points)
- Good knowledge of OOP / MVC / Design patterns (Priority 10 Points)
- Knowledge in building cloud native apps (Priority 2 Points)
- Good knowledge of RabbitMQ (Priority 2 Points)
- Good knowledge of Cache system (Redis, Memcache, etc) (Priority 2 Points)
- Good knowledge of CodeCeption (Priority 2 Points)
- Knowledge of Websocket is a plus (Priority 2 Points)
- Knowledge of AWS / GCP / Azure is a plus (Priority 2 Points)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus (Priority 2 Points)
- Knowledge of Python, Go, Node.js is a plus (Priority 1 Points)
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Fluency and confidence in spoken English
- Professionalism, Commitment and respect to work environment and culture is essential
- Great time respect and time management skills
- An outgoing communicator
- Flexible location (Work from Home, Co-Working Space, Office Space, or any part of the world)
- Working hours 9 to 5 Saturday to Thursday, 40 to 48 hours/week
- The team works from multiple locations, clear communication and utilization of available tools will be among your daily professional life
Package & Benefits:
- Basic salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Home office allowance
- Social/Medical insurance
- Sponsored courses
- Sponsored electronic upgrades
- Annual bonuses
About this Company
Contactless is a part of a start-up group that focuses on Technology R&D, it is a fast-growing startup which was established in 2015, and today has presence in Egypt, Estonia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates.
See all Careers and Jobs at Contactless
Contactless biggest focus is building a web application that helps...