- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
6,500 to 7,500 EGP per month
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
- Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, time of admission, room selection, tv and video rentals, telephone availability, cell phone restrictions; answering inquiries.
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
- Prepares admission folders by gathering admission paperwork for scheduled patients.
- Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information; confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; receiving payment and issuing receipts for tv and video rentals; accepting patient valuables; distributing patient information literature.
- Verifies patient identify by checking identification; preparing and placing identification band on patient.* Ensures patient's arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient's arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients and the public; referring inquiries.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Accomplishes admissions and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
3 to 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Healthcare and Medical Services