- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Are you interested in joining the fast growing Software Defined Data Center business of the future? Do you enjoy leading from the front? Do you have strong proven skills in IT Architectures, Storage and Software?
Lenovo is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Storage Sales / Storage Technical Solutions sales person for Lenovo’s storage portfolio including block/file/AF array storage as well as software defined storage solutions.
As a Lenovo Storage Sales / Storage Technical Solutions Sales Specialist in Lenovo’s datacenter group you will get engaged in promoting Lenovo DCG solutions and products. You will work with CTOs, IT decision makers, Lenovo pre-sales and sales teams, with Lenovo partners and ISVs. Your goal and target is to drive Lenovo’s data center opportunities through the sales cycle, from understanding customer business and technical requirements, building the solution architecture and driving the opportunity up to a closing.
You will be in charge of enabling our data center partners, preparing RFI and RFP responses, presenting solutions and carrying out proofs of concept.
We are looking for a strong Storage Sales / Storage Technical Sales Specialist.
This job role includes:
- Defining and identifying IT Datacenter / Storage projects in the coming quarters by acting as a trusted advisor to the allocated customer set.
- Building a future pipeline of new Software defined Datacenter and/or Storage infrastructure business within aligned territories
- Building and maintaining customer relationships to Technical Director level and above.
- Keeping customers up to date with new technologies and innovations relevant to their industry
- Identifying customer projects and interpreting their technical requirements
- Have the ability to build technical solutions working with the wider specialist product and technical community, the sales teams and business partners as appropriate, to support winning the business.
- Lead and/or provide Technical Input to Tenders/ RFIs/RFPs
- Gathers information to develop an accurate understanding of customer technology infrastructure
- Adapts solution design, Storage solutions and Software defined Storage solutions to new requirements
- Able to advances opportunities effectively
- Proactively supports the account teams with product advice, presentations, proposal support
5 to 10 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Hardware Computer Software Information Technology Services
- Around 5-10 years of experience supporting enterprise sales of Converged solution (storage, networking, virtualization) or Storage solution to large enterprise accounts Thorough understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of modern IT systems and cloud infrastructures
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of trends & technologies for storage and software defined storage solutions
- Able to create and present Lenovo technical solutions to senior level clients within the customer and clearly articulate the technical value proposition to the customer
- Commercial awareness of the local Competitive Market, business partner objectives and the customer industry environment, preferably in the storage market/industries
- Able to develop SAN/NAS/Object Storage storage architectures dependent on the application or workload requirements
- Knowledge of the storage interactions and dependencies of hypervisors and operating systems.
- 5+ years of experience in any three of the following infrastructure technologies:
- Enterprise Storage, including Software defined Storage (e.g., Pure, EMC, NetApp)
- Vmware Virtualization (ESXi, vCloud Director, vRealize, vSAN)
- Network attached Storage / File Storage (e.g. NetApp, EMC)
- Flash Storage (e.g. Pure Storage, Tintri)
- Software defined Storage (e.g. Cloudian, Nexenta)
- Storage virtualization (e.g. DataCore)
- Backup to disk / Backup to tape environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Local and English Language
Behaviors & Work Attitude
- Entrepreneurial Mind-set with self-starting capability - Can do attitude
- Strong Sales Acumen
- Able to deliver formal and/or ad hoc presentations to customer
- Problem solver and decision-maker applying creativity in developing new approaches and solutions
- Can embrace a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions and honors personal commitments
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Be proactive + quick; bold + innovative in all you do
- Willing to travel to customer sites within META
About this Company
At Lenovo, our mission is simple: we create technology that enables people to challenge and inspire the world, helping them lead more fulfilling and interesting lives. It’s a big responsibility, we know. But it’s one we gladly take on.
See all Careers and Jobs at Lenovo
We understand that the world...