- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Building Automation Application Engineer will maintain, install and commission our full suite of products primarily our EcoStruxture offering and provide technical assistance to our team of BMS engineers. Working at multiple client sites, you will become part of a team that provides outstanding service and support to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software issues on installed Building Automation and Energy Management Systems.
- Diagnose communication problems with control devices and other components
- Create, load, test, and tune system databases.
- Codes software using multiple languages in multiple environments as appropriate.
- Adheres to high quality coding and testing practices.
- Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
- Assists with commissioning and startup of new Building Automation and Energy Management Systems to ensure proper operation.
- Streamline and develop software code, graphics and drivers for graphic front end, human machine interface, page development.
- Provide on-site training to customer.
- Provides emergency and warranty service as required.
- Create and maintain software documentation including design, structure, code, and compiling processes.
- Create and maintain test records and site configuration information.
- Conform to project site safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Develop and enforce software standards and processes.
- Provide technical support, including high-level troubleshooting on project sites, to other team members.
2 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced Understanding of HVAC, Building Automation, Energy Management or other building electronic control systems.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Schneider Electric products and software applications is preferred.
- University Degree in Electrical, Communication or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken.
- Two to Three years related work experience required.
- Advanced understanding of network infrastructure and network communication systems.
- Programming and troubleshooting knowledge of industry standard protocols such as BACnet, MODBUS and LON.
- IT Skills for troubleshooting, service, installation and programming of servers as well as workstations.
- Experience with Internet and Web-Server applications is also preferred.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and symbols
- Ability to analyze system drawings and schematics
- Good knowledge of service procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong experience in software documentation processes.
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments.
About this Company
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
See all Careers and Jobs at Schneider Electric