- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Coordinate and manage database activities to support application development projects.
- Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of database systems.
- Manage data exporting and importing across database systems.
- Prepare documentation of all database procedures and guidelines.
- Provide high-level support to customers on a daily basis.
- Respond to database related queries and issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor database activities on a daily basis to ensure the reliability and security of databases.
- Ensure that database is properly tested and bugs are fixed appropriately.
- Assist in optimizing database for operational and performance efficiency.
- Assist in database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Assist in database enhancements and modifications as per customer requests.
- Prepare database project status reports to project manager.
- Work with programmers, QA team and security personnel to execute database projects according to customer requirements.
- Prepare database reports for managers as needed
2 to 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Computer Software Information Technology Services
For a role in database management, employers will be looking for you to have the following:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object-oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Experience with their database software/web applications
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment