- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The degree or level of the job accountabilities is dependent upon the grade of the Jobholder in the Jobholder position.
The job accountabilities for the Jobholder include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responds to reported security violations received from all users and operating units.
- Manages and configures security devices such as firewall, IDS, Reverse Proxy, VPN, etc, and provides fault resolution and escalation.
- Investigates validity of all reported security violations (checks appropriate logs; try to duplicate the security violations).
- Documents security incidents via ITD-E Service Desk system. Respond to the functional units of the security incidents per the guidelines of the information security policy.
- Develops and installs tools to monitor the network for suspicious activity. Runs and verifies output from logs and bandwidth enforcement programs and scripts.
- Ensures that all security projects are documented (ongoing status reports and a summary report) and generates summary reports of security incident statistics.
- Investigates suspicious network activity (bandwidth spikes, SMTP, POP3, IP, and DHCP problems).
- Develops and implements regular network security scanning procedures.
- Provides planning and technical support for enterprise installations in compliance with the enterprise’s security policies.
- Assists in educating all approved and potential users on computer security issues and security concepts
- Acts as the primary interface with vendors for resolving security related problems.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding security in future business and technology expansion.
- Responsible for system security planning, developing, and implementing security policies across multiple platforms.
- Provides technical support and consultation for enhancement of and change to network security configuration.
- Studies the proliferation of viruses, prevent hacker intrusion, conducts active penetration tests and discover vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses network security problems and corrects identified problems.
- Maintains network security logs and documents network related policies and procedures including security.
- Performs network vulnerability assessments and conducts ongoing security risk assessments including the monitoring, investigation and reporting of security and access violations trade-off studies to recommend methods on countering threats to network.
- Performs hardware and software installations for the new network security equipment.
- Records and maintains network security hardware and software inventories.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed, and ensures compliance of IT Security Policies.
- Provide first level support and work closely with other team members in IT projects that need network/security/hardware installation and configuration.
- Provides on-the-job training to new ITD staff members and computer orientation to new Bank staff.
- Acts as ‘Duty Officer’ on a weekly rotating on-call roll, who will be assigned many small to medium operational tasks such as systems monitoring, initial troubleshooting, and emergency responses.
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
FAB, the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions offers an extensive range of tailor-made solutions, and products and services, to provide a customised experience. Through its strategic offerings, it looks to meet the banking needs of customers...
See all Careers and Jobs at First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB)