- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Position Purpose & Summary
Responsible for all procurement activities on-site, including oversight of procurement transaction processes and inventory/procurement records, pCairoaroviding location procurement support and planning, managing supplier events and relationships, implementing sourcing strategies, as well as talent, resource and budget management. Negotiate and ensure the optimum cost and Quality for Ingredients and other direct Purchases for the assigned location(s) in compliance with Cargill policies and procedures, local regulations and with Global RMS structure. Manage the relationship and negotiations with Local Suppliers. Ensure application of Best Practices of Procurement and Logistics activities to ensure accurate, compliant and on time inbound and outbound shipments.
MANAGE / EXECUTE PROCUREMENT TRANSACTION PROCESSES
- Negotiate and manage agreements with regional/local suppliers, which are selected in accordance with Cargill Guiding Principles, local regulations, Sourcing Policies, Quality and Service requirements and Optimal cost for the business.
- Execute purchase requests withing agreed time frame, as per stakeholders requirements ( operational functions)Setting the daily purchasing priorities as per the budget.
- Select best suppliers and study the best offers and Send all purchase orders for the suppliers and follow up the purchase till it delivered to warehouse.
- Oversees the processing of procurement requests of materials/goods, services and/or supplies for local use from various plant/location staff or a procurement/inventory management system (e.g. Maximo or other ERP) for nondiscretionary, contracted spend, such as stockreplenishment or planned spend.
- Ensures requests to procure for new materials/goods, services and/or supplies for local use from existing supplier contracts and within established, moderate currency limits; manages all complex procurement requests on-site.
- Ensures approval is obtained from more senior procurement staff or Strategic Sourcing organization for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in excess of established limits.
- Creates and modifies procurement process documents, requiring some interpretation, for work steps within scope of team’s responsibility.
- Sets objectives within scope of responsibility related to procurement administrative work in order for supported locations/plants to achieve operations target.
PROVIDE PROCUREMENT SUPPORT & PLANNING
- Works through the location technical team to gather more complex information and applies a general understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasting of longer term supply needs and ensures purchasing plan is aligned.
- Oversees research and analysis (e.g. internal/external data from traditional and non-traditional/non-structured data sources) of procurement data requiring a general understanding of operations and business requirements for the supported business (e.g. marketing projections for existing products, production plans etc.) as well as a general understanding of the sourcing environment for the categories specifically aligned to the supported business (e.g. suppliers, cost drivers, market risk).
- May act as subject matter expert on multi-functional level, for on-site projects.
MANAGE SUPLLIERS RELATIONSHIPS
- Oversees and provides guidance for the selection of suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials/goods, services, supplies, which are locally budgeted, local spend (as defined by Strategic Sourcing policies) within established, moderate price limits; uses some discretion to manage the selection of more significant local suppliers.
- Responsibility for overall relationship management for suppliers within scope of responsibility; direct responsibility for the more significant local suppliers; uses some discretion to develop and leverage existing local supplier partnerships.
- Works with applicable plant/location staff to research and resolve supplier issues which have been escalated as appropriate.
TALENT, RESOURCE AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
About this Company
We bring food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Cargill
Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and...