- Experience Needed:
- 0 to 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As a Design Engineer you will be a part of the Power Grids Division and Business Unit High Voltage Products based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. You will create, modify and analyze the design of the secondary and primary design of HV Breakers, Disconnectors, MV Capacitor Banks and LCC or installations, including specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction on assignments of medium to high complexity using established solutions.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Designer Technical contribution: Acting as a designer: Ensuring creation of customized designs with high priority on identification and control of hazards. Contributing to design reviews and verifying following established QA/QC process, providing feedback on design aspects and making necessary modifications.
- Optimizing designs to meet updated standards, incorporating new products, components and functionalities.
- Creating or reviewing engineering drawings, specifications and planning required by manufacturing, fabrication or construction.
- Tendering: Reviewing technical offer provided at the tendering stage with respect to project specification and ensure that the created design are matched without cost impact.
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completing risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management, along with recommendations, for resolution.
- Customer: Interacting with customers and providing technical guidance on design related queries.
- Supply chain management: Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, preparing RFQs, and providing design related evaluation of proposals for non-standard materials and equipment.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Sharing knowledge and experience across own business unit and beyond. Attending project meetings and presenting specific aspects of project design assignments.
- Processes and tools: Creating standard processes and tools to promote the reuse of technical solutions.
0 to 2 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors Engineering Services
About this Company
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning...
See all Careers and Jobs at ABB