- Experience Needed:
- 7 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Outdoor Construction Manager in Egypt and be responsible for the successful and timely delivery execution of Project Outdoor Civil Construction Site Deployment/Integration Trenching &Cable Laying scope within the predetermined cost and in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions and the Siemens’ project management policies, procedures and work instructions, bundling different scopes activities as per common synergies.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide progress reports to the Construction Manager, if necessary on stipulated dates.
- To manage and work in cooperation with the Installation Manager and Civil Works Project Manager, as well as Installation team and subcontractors, controlling work performance;
- To work in cooperation and coordination with the Technical Project Managers;
- Assists the Contract &Claims Manager, as well as the Construction Manager for supporting and reporting all scope related changes and variations;
- Responsible for Trenching and Cable Laying scope on both track sides along the Line
- Ensure all internal processes are executed and fulfilled on time in order to fully support the Project
- Push Trenching &Cable Laying scope progress against Project time schedule and budget, identifying and mitigating diverse trends through effective corrective management actions
- Interfacing with all stakeholders (Customer, Consultant, Sub-contractors and Project Team Members) to ensure the successful project scope execution
- Risks & Opportunity analysis
- Ensure scope implementation of Quality Management and EHS process)
- Civil Works procedures alignment with own team and external companies
- Functional authority to issue directives to Trenching &Cable Laying staff on site
- Functional representation of the Construction Management at site/customer meetings
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
7 to 10 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Electronics Manufacturing
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferable) from reputable University or college.
- Proven experience (7-10 years) as project construction/trenching & cable laying manager of major and complex infrastructure/construction projects (preferably in railway infrastructure sector)
- willing to travel to the work locations as necessary
- Good communication skills, effective as a team leader, decisive and persuasive, good in dealing with conflictive situations, and well accepted by costumer as contractor’s main construction representative.
- Excellent negotiation Skills, dealing with governmental employees.
- Leadership / Site Management techniques / Resilience / Results Orientation / Decision Making
- Knowledge in civil engineering, interface management, railway logistic know-how, list of responsibilities, project management, contract, claims and risk management, knowledge in time scheduling.
- Fluent English in reading and writing, translation of technical documentation and correspondence.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
About this Company
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company.
See all Careers and Jobs at SIEMENS