- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Medical, Social Insurance and Speciality Training
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
Successful candidates will join a process optimization consulting firm, specialized in providing high level process optimization studies (energy, water, chemicals utilities, environmental compliances, capital optimization…etc.) and developing advanced optimization tools and techniques. They will receive intensive training in process optimization techniques and tools, such as pinch analysis and mathematical programming.
- Collecting and validating process data.
- Analyzing process data to identify and evaluate initiatives and retrofit projects to optimize plants' operation.
- Analyzing new projects design documents to identify and evaluate initiatives to improve the design.
- Performing material and energy balances as well as process simulation (on Excel or Hysys) to insure feasibility of identified initiatives and retrofits.
- Perform process equipment conceptual sizing and coordinating with vendors to obtain detailed sizing and cost.
- Developing conceptual process design drawings and documents for retrofit projects and new projects design reviews.
- Preparing technical reports & presentations.
- Preparing design documents.
- Performing software customization.
- Coordinate with project manager(s) for potential deliverables quality upgrades.
- Lead a group of junior engineers to accomplish a specific task(s).
- Deliver periodic training to subordinates to enhance their technical knowledge.
- Support the business development with technical data and reports.
- Participate in R&D efforts under the supervision of GAPTECH consultant(s).
- Participate in publishing technical papers and scientific research under the supervision of GAPTECH consultant(s).
- Participate in technical sales efforts.
5 to 10 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Consulting Services Energy and Utilities Oil and Gas
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the areas of Oil and Gas Operations and/or Engineering.
- Good experience with process simulation software, Aspen Hysys and UniSim.
- Process calculation including energy and material balance.
- Advanced Excel user, VBA and Macros.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office package (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project).
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Mathematical modeling (linear and nonlinear programming).
- Pinch analysis.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Refinery or petrochemicals process experience.
About this Company
GAPTECH (Gulf Advanced Process Technologies) is a consulting firm specialized in the field of energy & process optimization, providing technical studies, software tools, training, and basic engineering for energy and process industries. We specialize in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at GAPTECH