- Experience Needed:
- More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Support enterprise solutions using AIX 6 and 7 for enterprise applications and related databases; Act as AIX SME on projects that require AIX expertise.
- Demonstrate Communicate effectively with both executive and technical- levels communications, including the ability to building customer service centric relationships and the ability to communicating technical concepts to colleagues on AIX/UNIX and related trends management team. Develop concise technical documents and/or deliverables for project
- Perform advanced duties related to AIX virtualization, Storage and high availability. Technical experience with IBM platforms which connect to Power Systems hardware (System x, Systems Storage);
- Demonstrate deep technical experience including designing, installing, integrating, implementing, and supporting multiple varieties of AIX based solutions, including implementing and supporting attached IBM System x, TSM Backup, and Systems Storage solutions especially V7000, Flash system.
- Use standard operating facilities (including shell scripts and operating system administration tools), diagnostic tools, technical manuals, and system documentation to identify, diagnose, and solve basic system problems as directed.
- Perform server performance tuning, including monitoring servers and taking corrective action to maximize server uptime, including disk drive capacity within defined limits, network connectivity, virtualization, process monitoring and control, memory utilization, performance and hardware / software monitoring, and mounting tapes on servers as required.
- Triage complete AIX/Unix issues and perform detailed root cause analysis as necessary. Demonstrate crisis management related to mission critical AIX systems.
- Provide server security with respect to implementing security measures and designs to protect individual server hosts from unauthorized access.
- Provide application server support by installing and upgrading software, create job schedules, creating and maintaining directories, assisting with application tuning, following change control, and assist in job monitoring.
- Provide tier-three escalation support to the Service Desk for performance issues, including maintaining historical information on server performance, making adjustments to system level parameters, compiling statistics, making adjustments to system parameters to increase performance, and compiling network performance metrics.
- Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues
More than 8 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Information Technology Services
About this Company
ECC was established in 2001, with the idea of building a world-class data center. The purpose behind this venture was to capture the higher end of the value chain in the Information Technology. It was designed and built to provide a range of integrated, scalable Data...
See all Careers and Jobs at ECC Solutions