- Experience Needed:
- 9 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, fixed 1 month bonus + transportation allowance
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- The site construction manager is appointed by the CM division.
- The site construction manager works under the direction of the site manager, to whom he reports directly and from whom he receives his/her instructions.
- He is the main on-site contact for the subcontractors engaged.
- He is provided with specialist site personnel and logistical resources to support him/her in performing
- The site construction manager bears overall managerial responsibility for all construction activities, supervising,
- coordinating and monitoring directly or indirectly all on-site activities performed by the subcontractors.
- He directly manages and coordinates the work of the area managers and/or superintendents.
- He monitors the construction work with regard to quality and adherence to schedule.
- He identifies the need for supplementary and extra works, ensures that these are carried out and includes
- them in the budget and time schedule.
- He attends the scheduled meetings and prepares all data within his area of competence for the monthly
- and weekly reports.
He is responsible for:
- Monitoring the overall site time schedules
- Monitoring execution of the work
- Organizing inspections and tests
- Organizing progress control
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the area managers, superintendents, materials manager, field engineers and document manager
- Defining and approving supplementary works
- Organizing preparation of the quantity survey
- Completion of the construction works.
In addition, he takes all necessary measures to ensure that the work to be performed under his supervision
is carried out strictly according to
- The contractual terms of reference
- The on-site HES requirements
- The quality requirements specified in the contract
- The technical, financial and schedule-specific contractual requirements and agreements
- Generally accepted best practice.
- Supervising the work planning process with regard to observance of the health and safety plans
- Helping to advise on the content of the subcontractors’ health and safety plans as well as check that the subcontractors’ on-site personnel have received a safety briefing.
- Checking that the subcontractors’ purchase orders and any services they subcontract out are in line with the requirements specified in the contracts concluded with said subcontractors
- Consulting the site manager and the materials manager with regard to the planning, execution and completion of the works / area
- Attending scheduled meetings
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly and weekly reports
- Organizing and chairing meetings with the subcontractors
- Monitoring the QA/QC test results
- Ensuring that only suitable equipment is used
- Ensuring that only suitably qualified personnel are assigned
- Monitoring observance of the contracts concluded with the subcontractors and of change orders in relation to safety / quality / scheduled dates / progress
- Recording any events, incidents, etc. that may affect progress
- Initiating remedial action if the work does not meet contractual specifications or is off schedule
- Confirming / inspecting the services rendered by the subcontractors, in particular with respect to invoices from subcontractors
- Supervising the personnel assigned for supervision of the construction work
- Arranging for the quantity survey to be done in good time and checking it and the construction services invoices based thereon as soon as possible in conjunction with the construction manager
9 to 15 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
About this Company
thyssenkrupp is a diversified industrial group with traditional strengths in materials and a growing share of capital goods and services businesses. About 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries work with passion and technological expertise to develop high-quality products...
See all Careers and Jobs at ThyssenKrupp