- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Head of HR has ultimate responsibility for all people-based activity within OLX Cairo office from both an operational and strategic perspective. The Head of HR is the key driver of company culture and values and will be involved in many areas, such as: resource planning and recruitment; training; managing a variety of ER issues at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues.
What you will be doing:
- Act as the face of HR for the company and help build culture and maintain our values
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the OLX Egypt business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of OLX but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Be data driven and analytical - Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of the in-house recruitment team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview all senior hires and ensure the ATS Greenhouse is being used and the 444 recruitment process is being followed at all times
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues
- Manage annual pay review process, working with managers on pay recommendations versus benchmark. Ensure the pay review is completed within timelines.
- Annual OTR to ensure succession plan is in place for all departments
- Manage office & personnel admin related matters
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience of managing a Human Resources team
- Ability to influence senior managers, build strong commercial relationships and drive an HR strategy
- Must be comfortable working in a matrix organization and to collaborate globally
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with all managers. Demonstrable maturity and professionalism
- Ability to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Arabic speaking is a must
What we'll give you:
- A cool, tech focused environment
- Flexible working hours
- A global experience with an incremental learning curve
- Development & recognition plan
- Medical insurance for Family
What you need to know about us:
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.
About this Company
OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
See all Careers and Jobs at OLX Group
OLX is part of the OLX Group, a...