- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Portal is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated full-time PHP Developer to join our dynamic development team.
- As a PHP Developer, your primary duties will be helping us build new and awesome experiences for our internal and external customers, meaning your work will touch all aspects of front-end and back-end development, including databases, business logic, web services, front-end UI/UX, performance engineering, custom development, testing, and deployment.
- You’ll leverage the latest database technologies as a basis for analytical application development. This involves modeling data, developing code, processes and creating an optimal platform for data retrieval in support of both internal and external facing applications.
- The teams working on features are Agile, and we place a premium on collaboration and locally-made decisions.
These include (but not limited to) the following:
- Create, develop, modify, and maintain internal and external facing software applications as part of a development/project team
- Work in a high-performing team environment developing data solutions for many of our core products and platforms
- Provide full application development life cycle support, including creating specifications, researching products, development, customized coding, quality assurance and deployment
- Test and deploy firmware to proprietary Security Access Control device
- Collaborate with UX and Product teams to implement robust, data-driven UI
- Develop and maintain internal UI component libraries
- Develop and maintain our API that powers all of our front-end applications
- Architect web applications from the ground up, with a focus on extensibility and scalability
- Work with solutions and back-end engineers to deliver new products and ensure the success of our delivered solutions
- Strive for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft and explore new technologies and development techniques to remain current and keep a fresh perspective
- Coordinate and communicate with project managers, users and product owners to understand requirements and provide estimates.
- Lead projects as necessary
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Internet/E-commerce Marketing and Advertising
The following experience and skill set are especially preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment
- Experience with GIT
- Experience designing, testing, and deploying front end user interfaces
- Experience using and building APIs
- Experience with software testing methodologies, scripting, software, or suites
- Experience working with staff at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism positively
About this Company
The Portal is a Global Marketing Consultant and Software Development Agency located in New York, Dubai, Munich and Cairo with a core focus on creative, content, technology & e-commerce.
See all Careers and Jobs at The Portal
We help brands create amazing assets and provide the distribution platforms to tell...