- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Document Controllers manage and oversee documents for a particular project or for an entire organization. They ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and any retention policies are followed.
- Document Controllers may work as part of a documents team or may be the sole individual responsible for the organization’s documentation services.
Document Controller Duties and Responsibilities
- The type of organization a Document Controller works for will determine their particular responsibilities, however, there are several main duties all Document Controllers perform. A review of current job listings identified the following primary tasks and responsibilities.
Organize and Archive Documents
- Most Document Controllers will perform some type of document storage duties. This may involve scanning documents, copying documents, physically or electronically filing documents, organizing documents and ensuring documents are saved and safeguarded from theft or destruction. It also usually requires Document Controllers to adhere to a retention schedule, meaning they must know the proper ways and times to destroy old documents.
Fulfill Document Retrieval Requests
- Document Controller also handle the retrieval of documents either as directed by employees or clients. There may be a records request system in place in which the Document Controller receives requests, logs the requests in a database system and then provides the requested materials or it may be more informal. However the system is setup, Document Controllers must be able to quickly and efficiently retrieve documents and data when needed.
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office
Document Controller Skills
- A Document Controller should be highly organized and work well in fast-paced environments. his communication skills should be excellent and they must be able to multitask. Reliability and attention to detail are also important traits. In addition to these traits,
- Proficient in computer software programs such as, word processors, spreadsheet programs, and database systems
- Basic analytical experience
- Proficient typing skills
- Data organization and storage knowledge
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Add these to your skillet and broaden your career options.
About this Company
Suninfinite Energy is a highly experienced solar EPC with a clear goal to efficiently deliver medium and large scale solar energy projects in Africa & the Middle East. Our main strength is creating success by applying international standards of EPC with effective local...
See all Careers and Jobs at Sun Infinite