- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As a Sales Specialist you will be a part of the Industrial Automation Division and Business Unit Measurement & Analytics based in Cairo, Egypt. You will be responsible for the sales process of Field Instrumentation & Process Analytics products / systems from identified potential to implemented sale/contract in or to meet one’s sales targets within the predetermined customer group and/or geographic region. You will act as a mentor for sales professionals with the focus on commercial competency, build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Aligning with ABB rules in terms of health, safety and integrity.
- Implementing Global Business Unit / HBU / LBU priorities strategies including vision & mission.
- Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls using Sales force Platform to monitor complete CRM Cycle.
- Taking the responsibility to ensure that market information, such as the assessment of business potential within select segments, monitoring of competitors, offerings to customers, price levels, is updated and documented in written form in the established system.
- Ensuring the provision of information to the Product Manager and/or Sales Manager about new influences in the market as soon as he/she becomes aware of them.
- Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Managing administrative procedures in sales processes, and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Acting as marketer/salesperson of ABB’s products and systems when appropriate, for example at trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences, customer meetings.
- Ensuring the use of proper updated marketing material including price lists and other commitments (e.g. time of delivery).
- Communicating with simplicity the offer’s added value to the customer based on the unit’s offerings (product, service and/or systems).
- Understanding the underlying customer needs and identifying new business possibilities, as well as maximizing the potential with existing customers.
- Has good knowledge about the customers’ strategy and needs in order to facilitate the sales process vis-à- vis the customer based on the unit’s offerings.
- Actively contributing with the work to produce projections based on the customer’s demand, “Demand Side Budget.”
- Negotiating with the customer and moving the business to the agreed upon margins, as well as ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction (NKI) throughout the sales process.
- Facilitating various risk assessments in order to ensure the proper quotient between price and quality – registers data from the assessment into the appropriate customer database.
- Monitoring sales proposals and tenders (e.g. quantity, margin, product/system), and follows up statistics concerning sales proposals.
- Ensuring that payments from the customer are received in accordance with the terms of the contract in order to avoid past due notices.
- Ensuring that the sales proposals submitted are followed up and that agreements are signed when appropriate, and that they are in accordance with established requirements within the unit.
- Fulfilling the expected number customer visits as established in consultation with the Sales Manager and ensuring that the customer database is maintained updated in regards to customer information, contact persons, sales/contracts and activities.
- Ensuring that agreements which have been entered into are complied with and that deliveries of products (goods and services) are implemented on time at the agreed upon cost.
- Organizing and coordinating post-sales marketing activities in collaboration with ABB Service in order to ensure the added sales of goods and services in addition to the offering sold.
- Following up that the customer is satisfied and that any customer complaints are regularly registered in a database, either by oneself or with the assistance of sales support.
2 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors Engineering Services
As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or High graduate studies or Master of Business Administration (MBA) is added advantage with 2-4 years of experience in Sales & Marketing or Tendering & Studies in Field instrumentation, Flow measurements and Process Analytics. Proficiency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required. French is a plus.
About this Company
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning...
See all Careers and Jobs at ABB