- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business.
- You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
- You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
- That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses change their accounting standards to the latest IFRS standards.
- We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
- This role though based out of Cairo will involve extensive travelling to KSA and manging projects and assignments there.
- As a Manager in this capacity, you'll participate in and manage client engagements, contributing in both financial and non- financial service sectors in specified regions.
- You’ll collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables, while ensuring FAAS engagement teams understand the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented Timely delivery of projects in compliance with regulatory frameworks is essential, as is workingwith other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
- You’ll monitor performance of the team against budget as well as identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client. Sales of new FAAS work will also be paramount in this role.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately five years of related work experience
- An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- CPA/CA/ACCA certification
- At least 5 years of Big 4 experience (audit or advisory) and particular business / industry experience to meet special needs
- Strong advisory (selling) mindset
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Understanding of a client's industry and marketplace
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you’ll also have
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Experience in the MENA region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About this Company
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative...
See all Careers and Jobs at Ernst & Young