- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the position
Provision of cost management, preparation of projects budgets, selection and appointment of Consultants & Contractors, preparation of RFP’s, RFA’S & Tender reports, Administration of Agreements and Contracts, Evaluation of variations & claims review with the preparation of cost analysis. Preparation of monthly reports implementing all updates & anticipated costs / risks……etc.
This role involves full coordination with all other CFC teams such as Design, Construction teams, Development, Contracts, Finance….etc. This individual has to have the ability to innovate and lead a team.
- Provision of Commercial Management Services for a portfolio of works. For both pre & post stages.
- Preparing a report on portfolio costs, budgets and risks on a monthly basis.
- Providing commercial advice to the AFGRE/AFRED Team.
- Advising on procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet time, quality and cost requirements of the development plan.
- Managing claims and disputes using outsourced and internal resources dependent on complexity, size claim and resources available in compliance with contractual terms and timescales.
- Providing commercial advice to design management and development divisions to ensure in all respects that risk is minimized, best value is achieved and to maximize the return in investment on projects developed.
- Assisting in the preparation of project development feasibility studies and presentations prepared by the development team.
- Managing pre and post contract Quantity Surveying Services for the portfolio including, without limitation, cost estimating, monthly accounts, review of cost and budget forecasts, quantum analysis of claims and variation submissions, and final account settlement.
- Monitoring and ensuring project insurance policies are maintained in relation to portfolio construction works (Professional Indemnity, Contractors All Risk, Third Party, Other contract insurance requirements)
- Complying with and using AFGRE forms and processes to ensure internal approvals are obtained in accordance with group policies and the Delegation of Authority.
- Reviewing the prequalification of Contractors and Consultants for the purpose of short listing.
- Reviewing offers received & complying with the project requirements & scope at the evaluation stage.
- Preparing Requests for proposal and managing the negotiations analysis with contractors and consultants.
- Preparing tender evaluation reports with the recommendati
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management Retail
inimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or construction from a reputable university
- Candidates shall hold a degree with a minimum of 10 years practical experience working on large mixed use projects preferably working on behalf of the client,.
- 10+ years in similar job function (prefer in mixed use real estate development).
- Energetic & hard worker person & able to handle the works on time in a professional way.
- Good negotiator & able to lead meetings & others.
- Majority of the experience must be in QS/ Commercial Management
- Familiar with FIDIC Clauses & conditions
- Proven success in managing all commercial aspects for large scale projects from inception to handover
- Excellent communication skills- fluency in English is a must
- Have good knowledge with Egypt market related to suppliers / Contractors names & rates
- Proficient in MS Office suites including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Manager
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...