- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Duties of a Fleet Manager
- Improving fleet administration standards and policies for vehicle operation.
- Organization of the annual budget and also reports the cost of each operation and the overall cost.
- Vehicles undergo repair and maintenance. Fleet manager have the authority over these actions.
- Some vehicles are not allowed to be sold or used, so it is the duty of the fleet manager to dispose unwanted vehicles.
- If the company needs more cars, the fleet manager is in charge of the purchase of these vehicles.
- Inform all other employees if there are any changes or improvement in the sector. They are in charge to update other employees so they will have knowledge on what is currently going on.
- Acquisition: Fleet manager make decisions about the types of vehicles to acquire and the most suitable method of financing the fleet. In a small logistics fleet with a few vehicles, they may decide to purchase outright. To preserve cash, they may decide to lease vehicles. At the end of the fleet’s operating life, managers aim to get the best possible deal by re-marketing purchased vehicles or minimizing final payments and penalties owed to a leasing company.
- Records: Manager is responsible for registering and licensing each vehicle, and ensuring that licenses are always up to date. They maintain vehicle service and inspection records to ensure compliance with manufacturers' servicing schedules or leasing companies’ maintenance requirements. Managers must also maintain records to demonstrate that their fleet operations comply with state laws and the requirements of the Egyptian Department of Transportation, the Egyptian Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Egyptian Environmental Protection Agency and the International Fuel Tax Agreement.
- Maintenance : To maintain vehicles in peak operating condition, fleet managers set up scheduling programs. They may manage an internal parts and service department, or they may appoint an independent service center and parts supplier to handle the work. To minimize downtime, managers negotiate strict servicing time limits and negotiate priority repair schedules with service centers. Regular servicing ensures that vehicles are available for the maximum period to earn revenue and maintain customer delivery schedules. It also helps to reduce costs through greater fuel efficiency.
- Driver Behavior: Poor driver behavior can influence fleet fuel and maintenance costs. Fleet managers are increasingly taking advantage of telematics systems in vehicles that enable them to continuously monitor aspects of driver behavior, such as speeding, excessive braking and erratic driving. They also use GPS systems to track vehicle locations and improve traceability in the event of a vehicle theft. GPS systems enable managers to monitor vehicle progress and take remedial action in case of serious delays to scheduled deliveries.
- Cost Control: Fleet managers can use fleet management software to automate the collection and recording of data that enables them to monitor vehicle performance and costs. Managers can analyze the data to identify patterns and take remedial action to reduce costs. Fleet management software also reduces administrative costs by automating the production of drivers’ time sheets and records required for regulatory compliance.
More than 7 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Engineering Services Transportation
Work Condition of a Fleet Manager
- Fleet manager spend time outside their office when they need to meet up clients or there is a need to check up the vehicles.
Educational Requirements of a Fleet Manager
- Bachelor’s degree.
- +7 years of field experience.
- Candidates that have an experience in operating, maintaining and supervision of vehicles are preferable.
About this Company
In a world that is increasingly fast moving, unpredictable – and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer.
See all Careers and Jobs at Thales international Egypt - Out Sorced Positions
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver...