- Experience Needed:
- More than 6 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The post holder manages major roles in finance and grant areas for the Strengthening local actors for socio-economic development Project, including implementation of internal SC accounting and provision of finance SC procedures in order that the project is run in a cost-effective and efficient manner in the fulfillment of its strategic aims. The post holder will work closely with the Strengthening local actors for socio-economic development Project Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Number of direct reports: 0
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for financial and grants management for the Strengthening local actors for socioeconomic development Project in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Manager and, in accordance with the applicable finance, procurement and grants policies and procedures.
- Verifies bank payments, floats, float settlements and ensuring all payments are made in compliance with SC and donor policies & procedures & payments are supported with adequate supporting documents and ensures availability of budget before submission for approvals.
- Prepares Project budget and reviews with the Project Manager before submitting to SCI for approvals.
- Manages the preparation, reconciliation and timely submission of monthly and year-end accounting information.
- Reviews monthly financial and grant reports.
- Review interim and final financial reports in compliance with SC and donor requirements in close collaboration with Project Manager and submit to DFSS for review and approval.
- Assists with coordination and facilitation of audits and reviews required by donors and HO and action findings with DSS.
- Monitors grants and Project budgets on monthly basis and provides Project Manger with any issues and burn rates.
- Prepares a monthly partners spending analysis for projects. (if applicable)
- Meets Monthly with supervisor and ensures meeting minutes are circulated and filed and action plans are in place and implemented.
- Supervises and conducts financial monitoring visits to current partners, reviews supporting documents to financial reports and prepares visit reports for comments and recommendation. (if applicable)
- Supports Project Manger in expenditure analysis and budget reviews.
- Provides partners with different training needed as per each partner capacity building plan. (if applicable)
- Ensures pre-award assessment for new partners and implementation of sub-awards management policy. (if applicable)
- Ensures compliance with Egypt labor laws.
- Manages all procurement for the Strengthening local actors for socio-economic development Project and ensures compliance with SC procurement policy and donor regulations.
More than 6 years
Not Specified at least
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)Accountability:
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Finance
- Recommended a minimum of 6 years in finance & Grants experience in an NGO environment, including experience in different donor policies and procedures.
- Experience working with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ability to plan and organise a workload that includes diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to submit a timely and accurately reports and data.
- Good communication skills and ability to support and deal with different staff members from different functions, donors and partners.
- A commitment to the values and principles of SC
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children