- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
Arabic, English, French
- Females Only
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 100% travel
About the Job
- Whether a Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) project is a response to an emergency or longer-term, provision of reproductive health care will very often be a component.
- Among other reproductive health activities, MSF teams conduct antenatal consultations, assist in deliveries (including Cesarean section), provide prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) treatment to HIV-positive pregnant women, and care for patients suffering from sexual violence-related injuries. Additionally, a number of MSF programs offer specialist obstetric repair surgery for women with vaginal fistula.
- As an ob-gyn on an MSF mission, your clinical skills and resourcefulness will be put to the test. You will work to diagnose and treat medical conditions not commonly found, often without the resources you may be accustomed to having on hand. You can expect to perform both emergency and planned ob-gyn surgeries, manage obstetric complications (such as instrumental deliveries), manage post-operative follow-up, and train and support both surgical and midwifery staff. You will also need to learn cross-cultural issues surrounding childbirth.
- You will not be facing these challenges alone—other MSF team members that will provide technical support, including extensive guidelines and protocols.
- Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistics staff, the management.
More than 2 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers...
See all Careers and Jobs at Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود - International field work