- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The purpose of the Senior Buyer is to manage portfolio of contracts (average number of contracts: 85 depending on contracts’ segmentation) and handling new demands assigned to Class of Business and category/categories according to Category Management Contracting & Procurement (CMCP) guidelines. Senior Buyer is accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimise Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend. The Senior Buyer will ensure the Sourcing Strategy is aligned with Business/Function priorities through regular engagement with key business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to establish annual, integrated cost saving targets. Senior Buyer manages tail end spend by working in close coordination with Procurement Managers/Category Managers, maximizes value from Operational Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) and Category contracts, Works with regional Trading House Procurement Managers to optimize spend through Trading Houses, ensures continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail spend management principles.
- Work with various customers, and stakeholders within various Shell Businesses, Functions, to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value through Bottom Line Impacts.
- Deliver substantial value to Shell Businesses and Functions by:
- Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the Local Procurement Lead and Global Category Manager as appropriate
- Applying leading edge supply chain management techniques
- Applying supply/value chain analyses and Total Cost of Ownership modelling
- Scoping local projects, and analysing CP business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as operationalising and commercially managing operational and tactical agreements
- Execute Group Contract Management process for assigned operational and tactical contracts Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles
- Manage one-off Purchase Orders - Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings impacting RDS bottom line
- Works on Short- and Long Form Model Contracts Library (MCL) Contract Template
- Manage portfolio of Operational Contracts (aggregated contract risk low and med) and some tactical contracts in line with contract segmentation guidelines and principles. Majority of contracts in the portfolio are standalones.
- Manage spend estimated between 10-25M US$ total Actual Contract Value (ACV) (excluding call-offs and admin contracts). Exceptions are specific categories where spend is low.
- Manage more complex categories/Classes of Business Strategy/ Contract Award Approval Limit (ACV in USD): 1MLN
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Oil and Gas
About this Company
Shell arrived in Egypt in 1911 to operate two concessions in Gemsa and Hurghada. The upstream business was managed by the Anglo Egyptian Oil Company (a joint venture between Shell and British Petroleum), while Shell Company of Egypt dominated all downstream distribution business in Egypt.
See all Careers and Jobs at Shell