- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Logistics Manager is accountable and responsible to ensure the smooth running of Egypt Lubricants Supply Chain Logistics operations in view of fulfilling HSSE Goal Zero, where under his responsibility, managing BO trucks movements between our terminal in Alexandria and the Blending Plant (in 6th of October city close to Cairo), BO unloading Operations, inplant raw material warehouse, shuttling between Plant and Regional Distribution center, and finally delivering our products safely to our customers, where many of these operations are executed by 3rd party Service providers, on top on that managing the co-ordination for international marine customers.
- Work efficiently on cost management (OPEX and CAPEX), maintaining and upholding strong customer focus, and effective people management.
- Work closely with the Regional Logistics organization to create logistics master plan and execute identified projects to improve operational standards and achieve SPANCO targets.
- Work with 3PL service providers to uphold our HSSE Goal Zero target Lead by example through the promotion of good health, compliance with all safety procedures and instructions and reporting of all hazards accidents/incidents and near misses as per HSSE Rules.
- Ensure Logistics compliance with all local and legislative standards, maintaining high levels of operational efficiency to support sales targets, maintaining high levels of OTIF performance and upholding strong Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores, appropriate resource allocation in line with Opex targets.
- Responsible for management of unit cost (mainly OPEX) & overall operational cost including Logistics cost for COGS namely pallets and other handling activities and opportunities to be executed Managing close working relationships with key service providers in Transport, Warehousing and Freight Forwarding through effective contract management as a Contract Holder and support the Regional/Cluster Contract Manager (Contract Owner) in effective Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Constantly seek opportunities for productivity and efficiency improvements across entire logistics operations working along with the Regional Performance Analyst and Excellence teams and execute the necessary actions.
- Collaborate across functions within LSC and with other key stakeholders in CP, HR, Customer Ops, Commercial Lubes and Downstream Lead by example to ensure that all table stakes in SGBP, ABC, etc are adhered to by all staff and service providers, on top on that managing the co-ordination for international marine customers.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Oil and Gas
About this Company
Shell arrived in Egypt in 1911 to operate two concessions in Gemsa and Hurghada. The upstream business was managed by the Anglo Egyptian Oil Company (a joint venture between Shell and British Petroleum), while Shell Company of Egypt dominated all downstream distribution business in Egypt.
See all Careers and Jobs at Shell