- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
20,000 to 45,000 EGP per month
About the Job
Sourcing Statement: You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
Job Purpose :
The Business Unit Head– Vision Care is primarily responsible for driving sales team in North Africa and support Rest of Africa expansion through distributors (total of ~30 countries) by :
- Driving the P& L growth
- -Delivering targeted profit contribution for the Vision care Business Unit (BU).
- -Driving market share gain through execution of excellent marketing strategy and tailor made marketing activities by market to seek and maintain different African market leadership (Egypt is mandatory being most potential market).
- Leading and developing VC team with special emphasize on coaching and developing direct report leaders i.e. VC manager (CLC & CL scope) and DE&OH NSM Egypt.
- Actively participating as part of Africa Cluster Leadership Team in supporting growth and progress of Alcon business in Africa Cluster.
- Directly reporting to Africa Cluster Head.
Major accountabilities :
- Exploit best in class marketing thinking, planning processes and execution at P & L, strategic and operating levels. Utilize effective life cycle management, including brand protection strategies, while aligning with the EGM Vision care leadership. Ensure that forecasted objectives are achieved.
- Lead the business unit organization with focus on customers, profitability, strategy alignment and execution; drive entrepreneurial spirit and ownership, accelerate decision – making; improve cross functional teamwork and collaboration; and establish clear and appropriate mechanisms for measurement (e.g. scorecard).
- Ensure excellent strategic thinking, accurate forecasting, superior tactical execution, and commitment to results as well as fostering talent.
- Mentor and develop team, expand workforce as necessary, establish a team - centered and collaborative management environment.
- Influence strategic portfolio development activities for the VC Business Unit. Work with EGM VC Franchise as well as GDD-Alcon to support commercial assessments, forecasting and product in – licensing. Sustain collaborations and partnerships.
- Ensure effective financial planning and monitoring; develop action plans to address issues. Manage expenses to budget and deliver targeted profit contribution.
- Enhance reputation, visibility and relationship of Alcon Eye care Business by best in class Top – to - Top key account management and active participation in appropriate meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with the Cluster General Head and VC EGM Franchise Head to assess the portfolio, develop the marketing strategy, and deliver top and bottom line growth for VC Business Unit.
- Develop – personally in light of no other marketer within VC BU – the appropriate marketing strategy by each component of VC BU (Dry Eye, Contact lenses and Contact lenses care) and guide the team in implementation and execution to deliver marketing objectives in terms of market share, brand equity and customer value proposition.
- Any other duties or projects as requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/ or training.
- Identify and partner with the right distributors, supporting them to fully maximize potential across Africa Cluster markets, aligning distributor’s initiatives with Alcon key strategic priorities.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services Pharmaceuticals
- University graduate in Business Administration, Marketing or Medical related sciences.
- Preferably, to have MBA or post-graduation degree in Marketing, or Economics
Languages : English ( French would be competitive edge)
- Solid marketing experience not less than 10 years
- Extended people management / sales experience capabilites
- Position to be based in Egypt being main hub of VC ( almost 90% of total Africa cluster)
- Proven track of success in terms of both marketing and sales leadership roles within Pharmaceutical / Medical devices organization of significant size and geographical complexity.
- Commercial awareness/ business acumen of the healthcare market and or pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace.
- Proven experience in a multi – functional, P& L leadership role covering sales and marketing.
- Operational Sales/ Key Account experience.
- Proven ability to develop strong customer relationships especially within the healthcare environment.
- Experience of influencing and stakeholder management in a healthcare environment.
- Experience in a tender oriented company where products are sold through complex multi – channels of distribution, in particular “gatekeeping/ influence”.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability (i.e. identification and development of business opportunities).
- Proven planning and implementation skills and experience.
- Collaborative leader with an impressive track record leading change.
- Proven ability to hire, develop, lead and motivate people in a complex organisation.
- Experience working well within a matrix environment.
- High learning agility (Demonstrates superior performance under first time or different conditions).
About this Company
Novartis is a global healthcare company based in Switzerland that provides solutions to the evolving needs of patients worldwide.
See all Careers and Jobs at Novartis