- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Only
About the Job
- A hotel executive secretary manages many different aspects of the hotel's day-to-day operations. For example, they oversee the housekeeping of the hotel, the duties of the front office, and the stocking of vending and beverage machines. Assistant general managers work mostly full-time in the hotel environment, around 40 hours a week during business hours, under the oversight of a hotel general manager.
- Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD's and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Food Services/Restaurants/Catering Hospitality/Hotels Travel and Tourism
Hotel assistant general manager positions typically require:
- A minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience. Management in the service, food and beverage, or hotel industry strongly preferred.
- A college degree is often also preferred.
- Applicants must have a knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- They must also be organized, able to multitask, detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Being bilingual is an advantageous skill as well.
- Presentable & eloquent speaker.
- History of measurable success throughout their career.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused.
- Demonstrates drive to succeed, passion and ambition.
- Always looking to add on more responsibilities, becoming more and more of a cornerstone of the business.
- Not driven by targets set, but sets up targets based on where the business needs to be at, and how vital their contribution is for that growth.
- Is hands-on and believes in getting things done effectively and aggressively.