- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Annual Tickets, Health Insurance, Annual Bonus
About the Job
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT FOR SHIPPING COMPANY IN DUBAI
- Will work directly with upper level management and supervise a staff of accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- This person will file tax returns, prepare various financial reports (budget vs. actual and profit and loss statements, etc.), process invoices and reconcile accounts.
- As part of an international company, they will liaise with offices abroad for monthly and yearly closing of accounts and collaborate with external auditors.
- The senior account will analyze current accounting procedures and recommend modifications for increased efficiency to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks.
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified CFA/CPA with at least 4 years’ experience as an Accountant working with SHIP management/owning company OR similar experience in a global (commodities) trading house.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like ERP and Excel.
- Knowledge of L/C Discounting or Banking Finance is a plus.
- Experience at an auditing firm is a plus
About this Company
Established in 1992 in historic Cumberland, MD. (U.S.A), GMS is the world's LARGEST and ONLY ISO 9001 (BV) certified Cash Buyer of ships for recycling. With exclusive representatives in all of the major ship recycling markets in the world, GMS has negotiated about 3,000 ships...
See all Careers and Jobs at GMS