- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 50% travel
About the Job
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and
activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. The job will require frequent travel to
developing countries within North Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Central Asia including.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to Logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing directly or indirectly to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent service mind-set.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. Financial closure, physical inventory) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Contribute to, visibly support and assist implementation of the Logistics Execution Support System (LESS) as required.
- Contribute to implement and support LESS implementation strategy in country offices and regional bureau for Logistics staff;
- Receive and analyze Logistics support requests for Business and system.
- Provide the second level to end users in the form of how to feedback, user guides, procedures and protocols,
- Address specific support requests related to Logistics processes, master data management, data entry, and data analysis;
- Monitor status of Logistics support requests in the region and ensure proper and timely follow up;
- Review transport budget and expenditures required for process payments and corporate reporting;
- Other tasks as required.
More than 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Logistics and Supply Chain Non-Profit Organizations
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate
- knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
About this Company
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting
See all Careers and Jobs at World Food Program
hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and...