- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Administrative Assistant- LV Assuit Office
TEAM/PROGRAMME:/ The Literate Village Program
GRADE: 5 (Competitive Package)
POST TYPE: Service Contract
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Project Assistant will have the responsibility of the coordination and implementation of project activities and provide support to the team of “Stand up for more” Project as required. S/he will play a role in technical planning, financial and administrative coordination and ensuring that project activities are implemented according to work plans.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Governorate Manger
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 13 governorates in Egypt with a current staff complement of approximately 95 staff and current expenditure of approximately USD 8 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Organize and maintain project files; maintain electronic and paper records
- Coordinate logistics related to domestic travel, training events, functions and meetings
- Sort and distribute mail to all department heads.
- Prepare, send, document courier pouch.
- Maintain project stationeries supplies inventory.
- Help prepare material as required by COP and DCOP
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Reporting and documentation:
- Establishing and maintain the project’s information management system and archive;
- Maintaining proper inventory records of project material and publication;
- Responsible for project documentation;
- Report weekly to line manager on tasks updates.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least three years experience working with an international organization(s) in Egypt
- University degree in a relevant field with post-university job experience
- Oral and written English language proficiency required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must; willing to assist the LV team to set up systems and tools in order to perform effectively as individuals and as a team
- Have project support experience, along with an interest to get involved in many different levels and aspects of project coordination and management.
- Proficiency in computer skills required (Microsoft applications, Internet).
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and ability to establish priorities
- Ability to track down information and troubleshoot
- Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects preferred but not required
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children