- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 25% travel
About the Job
- Our startup is looking for Solutions Architects (SAs) - experienced technologists with technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
- AWS SAs are passionate about working with customers to help build applications at scale. This includes enabling innovation through continuous deployment in DevOps w/ technologies like Chef and Puppet, building web & mobile scale-out applications using Memcached or Redis, RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres) and/or NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra) data stores, building IoT use cases and implementing big data analytics w/ technologies like Hadoop, Spark, EMR, RedShift, and Kinesis.
- AWS SAs have breadth across technology stacks with deep hands-on skills.
- AWS SAs build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance across the network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
- You must be self–motivated with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results.
- The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
- The AWS SA team provides a ramping program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the management team to design solutions for customers, drive AWS adoption and revenue.
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community.
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences.
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
- Travel 30% or more as required.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least