- Experience Needed:
- More than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
Arabic, English, French
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
Responsibilities & tasks:
Analysis/reporting and networking
- Contribution to the analysis of topics of relevance to the ICRC’s humanitarian work.
- Participation in the drafting and finalization of press lines, key messages, Q&A, interviews, speeches, briefing notes.
Planning, Management and implementation of Communication programs
- Implementation and follow-up of a communication strategy aimed at promoting knowledge and acceptance of the ICRC, fostering acceptance for basic International Humanitarian Law and humanitarian principles; while evaluating its impact.
- Participation in the elaboration and implementation of media/public communication materials for Egypt (print, audio and visual, exhibitions).
Public and operational communication, media relations
- Responding to media requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Give presentations on ICRC and the RC-RC Movement in training sessions.
- Maintenance, strengthening and expansion of the network of contacts with Egyptian traditional and social media, to promote the coverage of ICRC humanitarian activities and themes of institutional interest at country and regional levels.
Cooperating with the Egyptian Red Crescent (ERC)
- Work together with the ERC on public communication on joint activities and issues of interest and concern for ERC and ICRC in Egypt;
- Participate in training sessions for volunteers and young people
More than 1 year
Bachelor's Degree at least
- Egyptian national with excellent command of written and spoken Arabic & English; French knowledge an asset;
- University degree in Mass Commendation, Journalism, political science or another relevant field;
- Minimum one year work experience in a similar function, preferably with a wide network within the Egyptian traditional and social media.
- Experience with international organizations would be an asset;
- Excellent analytical writing skills and good communication and presentation skills;
- Pro-activity, perseverance and flexibility;
- Good computer skills (word, excel, power point), and ability to use social media;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in a team-oriented environment;
- Willing to travel inside / outside Egypt;
Please submit your application (letter of motivation and CV) not later than 31 October 2018