- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Social/ Medical Insurance, and Transportation
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Preferred
About the Job
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our American School Team
Principal Account abilities:
- Support children’s learning as directed by the responsible teacher, in line with the principles of good practice (as defined in staff handbook under teacher professional standards ).
- Undertake agreed learning activities/sessions, adjusting activities according to student needs.
- Encourage children to discuss and reflect on their work and achievements.
Learning and Teaching (Support for Students):
- Provide appropriate levels of support as identified by the teacher, including promoting increased attention, helping children to stay on task, helping with physical difficulties, encouraging independence.
- Extend play-based learning with younger children, model use of language to exploit the areas of learning.
- Foster independence and self-esteem.
- Reinforce behavior strategies with children who are working towards behavior targets.
- Provide comfort and care to distressed/ill children.
- Work alongside the teacher and other adults in supervising children in school and on trips.
- Have an understanding of children’s individual learning needs.
Learning and Teaching (Support for Teachers):
- Assist in day-to-day management of the learning environment, e.g. preparing resources, contribute to classroom displays.
- Participate in planning with the class teacher.
- Assist the responsible teacher in their record keeping processes by providing relevant information and completing appropriate assessment sheets.
- Provide feedback to the teacher about learning activities.
- Assist the teacher in the management of classroom behavior.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, such as checking Home/Record books, attendance logs, permission slips and payments.
School Organization and Development:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of teaching assistant, and all other adults in the school.
- Participate in appropriate induction training, CPD and performance development processes.
- Maintain confidentiality according to the school’s requirements (see staff Handbook).
- Comply with all school policies and health and safety regulations.
- Attend staff meetings where appropriate and relevant.
- Inform his or her line manager of any concerns regarding the implementation of the role.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Part of the International House Worldwide Organization (IHWO); a truly global school with
See all Careers and Jobs at El Alsson British & American International School
150 branches in 52 countries worldwide. Our School was established in 1975, we are an
official IHWO language school. Since opening IH Cairo's doors in 1975, we have had...