- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Social/ Medical Insurance, and Transportation
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Preferred
About the Job
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our American School Team
- Following Schemes of Work prepared by the Head of Key Stage.
- Assisting in Preparation of Medium and Short-term plans in conjunction with the other members of the department.
- Assisting in Teaching lessons at the times stipulated in the school timetable.
- Maintaining order and good discipline among Students and safeguarding their health and safety.
- Setting and marking of work to be done in school and for homework.
- Providing a stimulating working environment in the classroom.
ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING
- Making regular assessments of Students' attainment and progress.
- Keeping records of Students' progress.
- Writing reports on Students’ attainment and progress.
- Attending parents’ evenings to discuss Students' progress with parents.
- Periodically reviewing programs of work and methods of teaching.
- Attending courses to develop professional skills.
- Attending departmental meetings.
- Attending staff meetings to discuss curriculum, pastoral and other matters.
- Supervising the class of a colleague on short-term absence.
- Being actively involved in promoting the well-being of Students.
- Providing a role model for pupils in terms of personal standards of conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
- Reporting any academic or behavioral problems to the line Manager / Principal.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents.
- Attending school assemblies.
- Sharing in the pastoral duties on a rota basis e.g. break and lunchtime duties.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Part of the International House Worldwide Organization (IHWO); a truly global school with
See all Careers and Jobs at El Alsson British & American International School
150 branches in 52 countries worldwide. Our School was established in 1975, we are an
official IHWO language school. Since opening IH Cairo's doors in 1975, we have had...