- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Reports to: Associate Director of Digital Education, CLT
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Associate Director for Digital Education, this position entails leading teams of CLT staff, and student technology assistants to work collaboratively in providing educational support during the design and development of challenging and engaging online, blended learning courses and eLearning modules. The job holder will be managing teams of instructional designers and working with instructional technologists, taking ownership of multifaceted instructional projects. This individual is primarily charged with leading CLT teams in supporting faculty on active learning and course design strategies within these courses as well as creating eLearning, interactive video, and other multimedia content to be used both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Design, develop and deliver online, blended or digitally-enhanced content and projects working collaboratively with faculty and CLT staff:
- Lead teams of instructional designers and technologists in developing appropriate instructional strategies for different contexts.
- Lead teams of instructional designers and technologists in the production of instructional materials for specific pedagogical objectives.
- Take ownership to oversee the instructional design and development that is involved in assigned projects and ensure that the project is prioritized according to the given deadline.
- Supervise the design and development of eLearning content, including multimedia and eLearning modules working closely with CLT staff, faculty or content matter experts
- Apply design methodologies for eLearning
- Design authentic assessments and engaging course content incorporating active learning strategies.
- Exhibit a creative, flexible and innovative approach to course design
- Exhibit and apply knowledge and use of authoring tools to create material that meets the criteria of Universal Design i.e. is accessible to different learners.
- Exhibit and apply knowledge and use of content authoring resources including, but not limited to, video presentation, Podcasting, animation, screen, and video capture, and interactive multimedia.
- In collaboration with CLT Multimedia Officers and others at CLT, provide guidance to faculty in adopting new technologies, and in using these technologies to improve teaching and learning. Assist in the continual assessment of CLT's projects, programs, and services that relate to digital education, leading such work when in the scope of a smaller project.
- Develop and facilitate workshops offered to faculty that relate to digital education.
- Oversee the STA program
- Work closely with the coordinator of the STA program on strategic plans and initiatives of the program
- Report on STA program activities regularly and plan for future directions.
- Supervise the budget of program and projections.
- Assist in activities and objectives of the Digital Education Unit and CLT:
- Assist the Associate Director for Digital Education in outreach to faculty
- Engage in professional development programs or workshops for own career path
- Ensure they are always updated in their own knowledge of the latest trends in educational technology and eLearning, evaluating relevance to AUC’s context, and disseminate this knowledge to the department and faculty at AUC where appropriate.
- Regularly report to CLT Associate Director for Digital Education on the latest trends in educational technology worthy of piloting at AUC
- Coordinate and facilitate an in-house professional development program for the department
- Facilitate workshops offered to faculty and Student Technology Assistants (STAs).
- Mentor, train, and provide guidance to newly hired CLT staff within the digital education unit
- Participate in CLT’s event organization, leading those events that pertain to digital education
- Build networks of other educational technology leaders in Egypt, the region and the world, and leverage these networks were appropriate for professional development or CLT event organization
- Participate in activities that help establish AUC’s position as a leader in digital education in the region
- Participate in Scholarship of Teaching and L
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Minimum education requirement: Master’s degree in a related field
Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least three years experience in instructional design or instructional technology support.
- Experience working in a center for learning and teaching is a plus
- Experience supporting blended, flipped, or online courses in a higher education environment.
- Minimum of two years experience working with eLearning software (such as Captivate or Storyline)
- Experience in training faculty
- Experience leading teams of instructional designers, or leading instructional design projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team and organizational skills
- Exhibit a creative, flexible and innovative approach to course design (a portfolio will be required).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workflow, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to identify the root causes of any issues related to the project and recommend effective solutions
- Potential to learn, use and adopt new software specifically connected with instructional design and technology
- Excellent ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Excellent knowledge of learning management systems and Web 2.0
- Flexibility to deliver training to multiple levels of competencies of individuals
- Initiative to propose and oversee new ideas and approaches to development in the area of Digital Education and CLT
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Research and data analyses skills
- Ability to think strategically
About this Company
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors...
See all Careers and Jobs at American University in Cairo AUC