- Experience Needed:
- 7 to 9 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Purpose: The job holder is responsible on procuring equipment, supplies, and services for assigned area and in accordance with University guidelines; Reviews requisitions and bid specifications and negotiates purchase agreements or supply contracts; determines vendor sources, product needs, and availability. Organize the purchasing process in accordance with University guidelines through high coordination with the procurement services director, develop all control reports reflecting the performance of different units of buying in support of the set goals, objectives and time frame.
- Responsible for obtaining the best prices for purchased goods and services
- Ensure the execution of all purchasing functions to be at the highest level of quality
- Require frequent visits to local markets, around two to three times weekly; for price, checks are a must as needed
- Review and analyze purchase requisitions and contracts, and ensure they are in accordance with relevant laws, policies, and requirements
- Identify and select vendors, and negotiate prices, terms and delivery methods for the assigned area of procurement
- Meets with sales representatives to develop new vendor sources, updates records and secures demos for departments
- Take part in writing request for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQ) and formal bids
- Build and maintain highly professional relationships with the internal clients to ensure service or equipment needs are met. Resolve queries relating to orders, pricing and deliveries
- Ensure accurate and on-time purchasing of all products and services as required
- Communicate updated orders status to the relevant parties. Expedite orders for on-time delivery
- Comply with the AUC internal business policies and procedures
- Take part in related financial and accounting functions
- Ensure a proper filing system of all purchasing related documentation for auditing purposes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
7 to 9 years
Not Specified at least
Minimum education requirement:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- SCM certification(s) will be an asset.
Seven to nine years of experience, with three years of buying experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- High knowledge of the local market, covering goods and services
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy, good knowledge of MRP and mastering SAP is a must.
- Good knowledge of business and financial issues
- Customer oriented and diplomatic
About this Company
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors...
See all Careers and Jobs at American University in Cairo AUC