- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer | Designer (devsigners) to join our team!
- As a WordPress Developer at our company, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including modifying WordPress themes and plugins.
- Setup of WordPress options, plugin installation, and configuration.
- High Experience in WordPress development including themes, templates, plugin tweaks, and new features.
- Incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates, and additional PHP and HTML pages.
- Maintaining a number of WordPress websites in terms of performance, security, and SEO.
- PHP and HTML development outside of WordPress for landing pages, micro sites, etc.
- Write clean well-designed code - Important
- Developer and deploy new features to facilitate
- Follow industry best practices.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce detailed specification
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Create theme and plugin WordPress from scratch
- Solve complex performance problem and architectural challenge
2 to 4 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Internet/E-commerce Marketing and Advertising
- Strong knowledge and experience in PHP (WordPress) application development as well as familiarity with LAMP stack,
- Strong familiarity with MySQL database.
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, MVC & Design Patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and Payment APIs integration
- Flexible skills to be able to learn new technologies quickly and easily migrate between different PHP based technologies
- Up-to-date knowledge of current frameworks.
- Proficiency in PHP / PHP-based applications
- Wordpress Experience is a must
- Solid time management skills
- Knowledge of Agile Management system
- Adaptability to changes on a day-by-day basis
- Strong working experience with object-oriented programming & template systems
- Understanding of security issues and accessibility issues
- Must have a good awareness of web standards and compatibility issues
- Experience with version control, Like Git
Job Behavioral Competencies
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time and stress management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Being highly organized
- Ability to learn
About this Company
The Portal is a boutique creative agency in New York, Cairo, Dubai, Munich. with a core focus on creative, content, technology & e-commerce.
See all Careers and Jobs at The Portal
We help brands create amazing assets and provide the distribution platforms to tell their story and engage with their customers....