- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
- Invoice Booking & Payment Process: Trade & Non- Trade
Process trade vendor invoices and service provider invoices for travel / freight / customs duty / insurance/inventory by entering them into Aptec system
- Booking of trade invoices after matching them to the GRN
- Enter all Service Provider invoices into SCALA ERP System after checking with company logistic records of each transaction and after receiving approved purchase orders.
- In charge of assigned Service Provider and vendor accounts. Make Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor Accounts against Aptec Distribution accounts, immediately notifying any variances to the vendor and line manager for corrective action.
- Monitor Duty on imports/ Duty on Exports in relation to amounts charged to sales invoices.
- To handle payments to Service Providers and trade vendors. To advice vendors on payment status with invoices details.
- To cultivate friendly relationship always with all Service Providers and vendors and utilize the relationship for better service/ fast flow of invoices and credit notes / statements and for better payment terms.
- Report any Documentation issues reported by Logistic / Freight Forwarders to the Vendors for timely solution.
- Assist Purchase, Sales & Logistics for stock & related issues
- In order to close of month end, all AP tasks that are required needs to be completed on day 1 after month end close.
AP ageing report and statement of account will be up to date at any point of time
- Vendor Reconciliations: Trade & Non – Trade
Make Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor Accounts against Aptec Distribution accounts, immediately notifying any variances to the vendor and Aptec management for corrective action.
- Reconciliation for Trade vendors done monthly basis to ensure there is sufficient time to resolve issues if any before the month end and non- trade vendors reconciliation are done every month end. Notifying the vendor and the management of any additional cost involved on shipments, to minimize exposure of charges and unforeseen loss to the company.
- To make entries in Scala for payments
- To assist Accounts Payables Manager on all Stock Payables and GRN Logistics issues.
- Process with payment through bank transfer & enter in to system.
- Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor / Service providers / Intercompany Accounts against Aptec accounts.
- Petty cash Handling: Expense voucher preparation, payment with necessary approval & reconciliation with system
- Vendor Payments to be processed as per each vendors credit terms without incurring any late payment charges and missing out on any vendor rebates
To ensure accuracy in the information recorded which would in turn result in accuracy in the financial reports and that proper controls are in place.
- Timely collections of collections and cash management
- Ensure statements are sent every month to customers.
- Allocations of payments to be done daily on Scala ERP system. Liaise with local accountant on bank reconciliations.
- Flagging sales order team for customer that have not paid
- Dealing with any queries with local team and customers, example providing Proof of Delivery to customer, liaising with local team about credit notes.
- Providing finance manager with weekly cash flow forecast.
3 to 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Information Technology Services
Candidates Profile - Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or related
- Experience: 2-3 Years in an Accounts Payable Role, preferably in IT or FMCG or shared services environment
- Knowledge: Technical expertise in using MS applications and work experience in ERP accounting systems. Intermediate to advance level in formulae, VLOOKUP’s and Pivots.
- Language : Should hold strong written, verbal communication skills in English including strong and effective email etiquette. Diversity is multi-cultural stakeholders of customers and suppliers.
General & Qualitative
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines
- Pleasant and Confident telephone skills
- Teamwork, Reliability and Honesty
- Able to be self-efficient
- Capable or being solutions driven. Come up with best practices for the role.
- Understanding the local market in South Africa.
- Results Oriented
- Solutions driven and orientated.
- Change Agent
- Judgment & decision making
- Customer Impact top of mind
- Team Leadership
- Collaboration and Influence
About this Company
Aptec, an Ingram Micro company, is a leading technology distributor with a wide network of resellers across the Middle East. Aptec is the authorized distributor for most of the leading IT hardware, software and communications manufacturers in the world. Under the brand name of...
See all Careers and Jobs at Aptec