- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department:-
- Lead, direct, control and advice on the Projects’ resources and plan to maintain/improve the short and long-term financial health of NMDC.
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting business users demands.
Job Description: Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function:-
- Manage Planning & Project Controls activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
- Interfaces with management and project team for specific project planning controls presentations. Develops and presents scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
- Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Develops micro-phasing schedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate the various parties to completion.
- Participates in discussions with planners, designers, contractors and other third party entities to proactively identify project risks; and develop recommendations as to how to mitigate the risks.
- Review projects control system to flag out any variances, ideally on weekly basis i.e. Variance in manpower, equipment, planning and revenue;
- To Controls and track estimates of Project planning together with Engineering and Tendering Department for submittal to Management.
- Prepare together with the PM’s the core of the monthly budget reporting i.e. Manpower Plan, Equipment power plan, Production follow-ups and Revenue together with Contracts if applicable;
- Coordinate with Finance Controller where necessary for the budget reporting
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards such a Total Quality Management by ensuring employees follow quality standards and by using quality control checklists
- Coordination and regulating various meetings such as project progress review meetings, quality circles, and the like
- Application of various project progress methods to ensure the project schedule is on track to meet deadlines or deliverables
- Devising strategies to overcome roadblocks or delays through various methods such as using industry related technical knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising with available resources, scheduling overtime to meet the deadline, and the like
- Coordinate with project management staff to ensure project objectives and timelines.
- Create, review and manage project schedules to identify progress, lead times and project sequences.
- Ensuring compliance with QHSE standards
- Maintain cost control procedures, preparing project cost reports and budgets and cash-flow forecasts
- Establish and define any job oriented project control procedures and identify the level of resources required to operate them.
- Develop in conjunction with the Project Manager and Client a suitable Work Breakdown Structure for the project.
- Review overall project status with the Project Control team and Project Management and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure that all cost, planning and document control reports are prepared and issued in accordance with the Project Coordination Procedure.
- Coordinates development of schedule resource loading and leveling; and the schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Responsible for promptly reporting budget and/or schedule variances.
- This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelor’s/Master degree in Engineering or Project Control Management with experience in planning design, marine dredging and construction activities.
- Formal education in Risk Management
- Membership / Certification: AACE, PMI and or RICS.
Function Specific Experience:-
- Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Experience with Design-Build, dredging and marine Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Previous project controls experience on a large-scale, multi-million dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale aviation-related project highly desirable
Industry Related Experience
Years Of Experience
- Minimum of 10- 12 years of Project controls experience in a similar role with a focus on construction management.
- Act as role model in the division.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Communicate constructively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization orally and in writing. Actively listen and be persuasive in reasoning.
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple cultures
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Initiate and stimulate horizontal (between departments and vertical (within the different departments) cooperation in the organisation
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Drive the change and innovation of the division.
- Be able to translate department targets into concrete and measurable goals for the division for a timely achievement of goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Required: Fluent English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- Primavera or any planning design or project controls software
- Mid level of MS Excel Skills, MS office
- Oracle platform understanding is an advantage
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC