- Experience Needed:
- 20 to 25 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Commercial Manager is responsible for the provision of tendering, planning and control, and contract administration services across Co.
- He will work closely with the business units and the engineering unit to ensure that projects are sourced, priced, and delivered as per Co.’s strategy and plans.
- Contribute to the development and refining of BEC’s vision, mission, strategic objectives and values
- Communicate BEC vision across the unit and ensure awareness and dissemination of the strategic objectives
- Develop the Commercial strategy and identify opportunities for strategic development or outsourcing (quantity surveying etc.) by interacting with Co.’s
- key functions, and communicate it across the unit to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with Co.’s strategy
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and control systems related to the Commercial unit and oversee proper coordination to ensure alignment with local, regional and international standards and practices
- Manage the Commercial unit through strong leadership, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in performance and contribution
- Act as a key strategist supporting senior management in setting Co.’s commercial direction, as well as regional strategies.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Commercial unit
- Participate in the recruitment of Commercial staff
- Manage and evaluate the performance of tendering, planning & control and contract administration Heads
- Business Development
- Support the development plan by providing leads and in building relationships with potential clients
- Ensure coordination between project directors, the engineering unit to support regional growth plans
- Tendering and estimation
- Oversee the tendering process and the ensure creation of multifunctional teams to prepare tenders
- Ensure BEC experience and capabilities are reflected in qualifications documents for utilization in tenders (as well as business development) activities
- Negotiate tender commercial and technical terms with client.
- Ensure smooth handover of tender documents from tendering and estimation function to business units upon project award.
- Project Planning and Control
- Ensure the development of consolidated projects plan that translates into annual resource plans for the various operations support functions
- Ensure monitoring of the progress and actual costs of projects to minimize risks to BEC and ensure timely delivery and cost effectiveness of project execution
- Ensure proper support to planners in developing baseline plans, follow up on projects plan and manage update of BEC projects consolidated plan
- Support in the resolution of critical plan or budget variances and elevate to business unit Committee
- Ensure awarded projects are well prepared ( i.e., project plan and detailed budget are prepared).
- Ensure coordination with project directors and managers on any issues related to the project planning and cost control support on projects
- Contract Administration
- Manage the preparation of new contracts and assessment of all contract risks
- Monitor the comprehensiveness of major contracts and resolve large-scale issues related to contract disputes
- Review and approve variation orders
- Coordinate with legal affiliates regarding unresolved disputes to determine appropriate actions, including the initiation of arbitration
- Resolve key client and sub-contractor disputes and claims escalated by the contract administrators
- Provide other BEC functions with support beyond scope of responsibilities in order to achieve common organizational goals
- Undertake any other tasks requested by line manager
20 to 25 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office
About this Company
n 1990 Ahmed Shaheen established (Manpower License No. 1) as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) serving local work force needs. Soon after, Premier Recruitment (Manpower License No. 78) came to operation to cater for almost the entire Gulf and Overseas Market. Premier...
See all Careers and Jobs at Premier Services and Recruitment Overseas